These two broad classes of devices are, to a certain extent, complementary; multilayer mirrors are more suited for applications where a line focus is required (reflectometry, grazing incidence diffraction, etc.
What does GID stand for?
GID stands for Grazing Incidence Diffraction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GID
We have 58 other meanings of GID in our Acronym Attic
- General Intelligence Department (Jordan)
- Gesellschaft für Information und Dokumentation
- Gesundheits Informations Datenbank (German: Health Information Database)
- Global Image Database
- Global Infrastructure Design
- Glow in the Dark
- Grand-Parent Identification
- Graphic and Interactive Design
- Graphic Identification
- Graphical Input Device
- Group Identification
- Group Identifier
- Group Identity
- Groupe Inter-Academique pour le Developpement (French: Inter-Academic Group for Development)
- Guest in Distress (lifeguarding)
- Garden Island Dockyard Destroyer Modernization Project Officer
- Gender, Institutions and Development Database (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development)
- Gender Identity Disorder/Gender Dysphoria (sexuality)
- General Iterative Decoding Attack
- Ghana Irrigation Development Authority (est. 1977)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The system features state-of-the-art technology, including capabilities for in-plane grazing incidence diffraction (IP-GID).