A pair of Nasa moon-mapping probes, Ebb and Flow, the two spacecraft comprising Nasa's Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission, smashed themselves into a lunar mountain on Monday, ending a year-long mission that is shedding light on how the solar system formed.
What does GRAIL stand for?
GRAIL stands for Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (US NASA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GRAIL
We have 7 other meanings of GRAIL in our Acronym Attic
- Global Returnable Asset Identifier
- Global Risk Appetite Index
- Global Risk Assessments, Inc. (Riverside, CA)
- Great River Arts Institute (Bellows Falls, VT)
- Groupement Régional d'Animation sur l'Information Hospitalière
- GALEN (Generalised Architecture for Languages, Encyclopaedias, and Nomenclatures in Medicine) Representation and Integration Language
- Gene Recognition and Assembly Internet Link
- Gene Related to Anergy in Lymphocyte (immunology)
- Geospatial Research and Information Laboratory (Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ)
- Graphics and Imaging Laboratory (University of Washington)
- Grid Research and Innovation Laboratory
- Genetic Resources Action International
- Genetics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, and Nanotechnology (future technologies)
- Grass Roots Anti-Imperialist Network
- Gray Jay (bird species)
- Gerakan Rakyat Anti Korupsi (Indonesian: People's Movement Against Corruption; Jakarta, Indonesia)
- Gray Kingbird (bird species)
- Greater Richmond Aquatic League (Richmond, VA)
- Groupe de Recherche sur l'Acquisition des Langues (French: Language Acquisition Research Group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
MARYLAND (CyHAN)- This animation shows the final flight path for NASA's twin Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission spacecraft, which will impact the moon on Dec.
com/prnh/20081007/38461LOGO) NASA's Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission, whose two washing machine-sized probes were named Ebb and Flow by elementary school students in Bozeman, Montana, via a nationwide contest, have successfully completed their prime missions and have only days to go on their extended mission science collection.
Flow," one of two satellites making up NASA's Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission, captured this video of NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter (LRO) as it flew by at a distance of about 12 miles (20 kilometers) on May 3, 2012.
Ebb and Flow, the Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission probes, are being prepared for their controlled descent and impact on a mountain near the Moon's north pole at about 2:28 p.
com/prnh/20081007/38461LOGO) The new map, created by the Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission, is allowing scientists to learn about the moon's internal structure and composition in unprecedented detail.
MoonKAM provides students around the world an opportunity to identify and choose images of the moon's surface using small cameras aboard NASA's Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) mission.
10, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- NASA's twin lunar Gravity Recovery and Interior Laboratory (GRAIL) spacecraft lifted off from Cape Canaveral Air Force Station in Florida at 9:08 a.