Nodules were removed, counted and sliced cross-sectionally for assessment for potential BNF using the leghaemoglobin pigment indicator Thereafter, each sample's nodules gravimetric moisture content and eventual dry nodule dry weight was determined.
What does GMC stand for?
GMC stands for Gravimetric Moisture Content (soil water content)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GMC
We have 260 other meanings of GMC in our Acronym Attic
- Glucose-Methanol-Choline (enzyme family)
- GMC Software Technology
- Godmanchester (UK)
- Gold Master Candidate
- Gold Medal Champion
- GoodLink Management Console
- Goodwyn, Mills and Cawood, Inc (firm; various locations)
- Gospel Music Channel (TV network)
- Grand Master Chef
- Grant Medical College
- Great Muppet Caper (movie)
- Greater Manchester Collections
- Greater Manchester County (UK)
- Greater Metro Conference (high school athletics conference)
- Green Marketing Coalition
- Green Mountain Club (Vermont)
- Green Mountain College (Poultney, Vermont)
- Green Music Center (Sonoma State University; California)
- Grenoble Maquette Club (French: Grenoble Model Club; Grenoble, France)
- Grid Management Charge (FERC)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The bulk density and the gravimetric moisture content were determined for the 20 samples and the volumetric moisture content was determined by multiplying the gravimetric moisture content by the bulk density.
The main goal of the study reported here was to develop procedures to produce good estimates of in situ gravimetric moisture content.
In addition, 3 small samples (25 g of soil) were taken from the upper 10 mm of the soil in each of the 2 pots in Box 1 for gravimetric moisture content determination.