In favor of the Windows API DirectWrite, Chrome 37 Beta for Windows eliminates its old Graphics Device Interface text renderer.
What does GDI stand for?
GDI stands for Graphics Device Interface
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GDI
We have 121 other meanings of GDI in our Acronym Attic
- Global Defense Initiative (Command and Conquer game)
- Global Domains International (web hosting)
- God Damn Independent (slang for someone not living in dorms, housing, or Greek System)
- God Damn It
- Gonzaga Debate Institute (debate camp)
- Gosh Darn It
- Gosh-Darned Independent (polite form)
- Gottlieb Duttweiler Institute (Switzerland)
- Graphical Device Interface
- Graphical Display Interface
- Green Design Institute
- Gross Domestic Income (economics)
- Groupement de Défense Internationale (French: Global Defense Initiative)
- Galileo Desktop Internet Access (global distribution systems)
- Graduate Diploma in International Affairs (degree)
- Greater Dallas Indo-American Chamber of Commerce
- Go Die in a Fire
- Go Die in a Hole
- Gum Disease Information Bureau (UK)
- General Defense Intelligence Community
Samples in periodicals archive:
Ducky," as one of the iterations is called, targets a vulnerability in the graphics device interface (GDI), which is a Windows component that renders images.
2 includes new support for threadsafe graphics device interface (GDI), extends OpenGL, the ActiveX Template Library (ATL) and VBScript to additional platforms, and contains dramatic thread, COM, and OLE performance gains.