The Metropolitan Council of Newspaper Unions -- representing The Newspaper Guild/CWA, the Teamsters, Graphic Communications International Union and the Detroit Typographical Union -- said that while the contract "passed overwhelmingly," it would not give a specific vote.
What does GCIU stand for?
GCIU stands for Graphic Communications International Union (now Graphic Communications Conference of the International Brotherhood of Teamsters, GCC/IBT)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of GCIU in our Acronym Attic
- Georgia Citizens for Integrity in Science Education
- General Commissioners of Income Tax (tribunal; UK)
- Gestational Carbohydrate Intolerance Test (obstetrics)
- Global Cultures in Transition (University of California, Santa Barbara)
- Gloucester County Institute of Technology (Sewell, NJ)
- Gold Coast Institute of Tafe (Australia)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Translation
- Garden City Information Technologies Cooperative, Inc. (Kansas)
- Ground Controlled Intercept Training
- Génie Civil (French)
- Georgia Council for International Visitors (Atlanta, GA)
- Gulf Coast Industrial Workers Union
- Gary Clark, Jr. (musician)
- Global Commission Junction (online business)
- GNU (Gnu's Not Unix) Compiler for Java Programming Language (trademark of Free Software Foundation, Inc.)
- Google Code Jam
- Grand Central, Johannesburg (Johannesburg, South Africa)
- Green Cross Japan (pharmaceutical company)
- Gwent Criminal Justice Board (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In 2005, the Graphic Communications International Union joined the Teamsters, bringing 60,000 new members into the union, including 7,000 QW workers.
edu/gcc/ Graphic Communications International Union, representing printing and publishing workers in North America www.
The labor board forced the company to reinstate that worker with back pay, and the workers eventually organized with the Graphic Communications International Union (GCIU).
This has been the case for the overwhelming majority of similar allegations the Graphic Communications International Union has brought against the Company in the last year as part of its corporate campaign.
Toronto and the Graphic Communications International Union (GCIU) filed 9 new unfair labor practice charges against the company with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) today.
National Labor Relations Board to adjudicate allegations of unfair labor practices that have been made against it by the Graphic Communications International Union in its corporate campaign against the Company.
In issuing today's complaint, the NLRB has indicated that it has concluded its investigation of charges filed by company employees and the Graphic Communications International Union (GCIU), strongly believes in the validity of the allegations, and will prosecute a case against the company.