Pick, Thomas, & Pick 26 The grapheme-phoneme correspondences (1966) function as a grouping principle in the same way for braille and print.
What does GPC stand for?
GPC stands for Grapheme-Phoneme Correspondences
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GPC
We have 331 other meanings of GPC in our Acronym Attic
- Government Procurement Committee
- Government Purchase Card
- Grade Placement Committee (educational plan)
- Graduate Policy Committee (various universities)
- Graduate Programs in Counseling (Southern Nazarene University; Bethany, OK)
- Gram Positive Cocci
- Grandparent-Parent-Child (data backup technique)
- Grandville Printing Company (also seen as GPCO; Michigan)
- Grant Per Connection
- Grant Professional Certification (American Association of Grant Professionals)
- Graphics Performance Characterization (HP)
- Great Pennsylvania Cleanup
- Great Plains Communications (Nebraska)
- Great Plains Conference (various organizations)
- Greater Pittsburgh Council (Boy Scouts of America)
- Greater Prairie-Chicken
- Green Party of Canada (political party)
- Green Power Community (US EPA)
- Grid and Pervasive Computing (International Conference)
- Grimstead Parish Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
The correspondence between speech and print (Adams, 1990) and speech and braille (Millar, 1997) is possible because written English is based on an alphabetic principle that is the English language's set of grapheme-phoneme correspondences (Adams, 1990).