Separately, Mr Menezes transferred 48,325 ADSs held in his own name to a grantor retained annuity trust, of which he is trustee and the beneficiary.
What does GRAT stand for?
GRAT stands for Grantor Retained Annuity Trust
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of GRAT in our Acronym Attic
- GRP1-Associated Scaffold Protein
- Guided Reading and Summarizing Procedure
- Guilford Response and Action for Safer Premises (UK)
- Generalized Reactor Analysis Subsystem
- Generally Regarded As Somewhat Safe :-)
- Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
- Germinating Ray-Acoustics Simulation System
- Gradient Refocused Acquisition in Steady-State (medical physics)
- Graphical Representation and Analysis of Structure Server
- Grassroots South-North International Forum (London, England, UK)
- Grand Rapids Area Transit Authority (Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA)
- Gamma-Ray Arcminute Telescope Imaging System (balloon experiment; US NASA)
- Georgia Registration and Title Information System (motor vehicle information database; Georgia Department of Revenue; Atlanta, GA)
- Ghana Regional Appropriate Technology Industrial Research
- Ghana Regional Appropriate Technology Industrial Service (est. 1987; Tema, Ghana)
- Genealogy Research and Tracking System (U.S. Department of Homeland Security)
- Greater Rochester Advocates for Universities and Colleges (est. 1987; Minnesota)
- Get Real about Violence (prevention program)
Samples in periodicals archive:
2036 1 regulations' that demonstrate how to calculate the portion of a graduated grantor retained annuity trust that is includible in the estate of a grantor who predeceases the term of the trust.
[check] Plan to implement grantor retained annuity trusts (GRATs), if they make sense for your clients, since their benefits could be curtailed.
One such technique is the grantor retained annuity trust ("GRAT'), which has grown in popularity due in large part to its ability to minimize gift taxes.
GRATs: A Grantor Retained Annuity Trust is assumed to generate an income stream equal to the fixed dollar amount to be paid.
citizens, as well as charitable remainder trusts, personal residence trusts, family partnerships, grantor retained annuity trusts and arrangements for incapacitated relatives.
The regulations provide a method for determining the portion of the corpus of a grantor retained annuity trust or grantor retained unitrust that is includible in the grantor's gross estate under Sec.
The regulations provide the method required to determine the portion of the trust corpus of a grantor retained annuity trust or grantor retained unitrust that is includible in the grantor's gross estate under Sec.