Grand Theft Auto IV blew away videogame and Hollywood records by raking in an unprecedented 500 million dollars in the week after its release in April 2008.
What does GTA4 stand for?
GTA4 stands for Grand Theft Auto IV (game)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Grand Theft Auto III (video game)
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City (video game)
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (video game)
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (video game)
- Ground Test Accelerator/Neutral Particle Beam Space Experiment
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (game)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (video game)
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (video game)
- Grand Theft Auto 2 (movie; video game)
- Grand Theft Auto 3 (video game)
- Georgia Tech Alumni Association (Atlanta, GA)
- Georgia Tech Athletic Association (Atlanta, GA)
- Global Tactical Asset Allocation (investing/finance)
- Golf Tournament Association of America (Phoenix, AZ)
- Greater Toronto Airports Authority
- Greater Toronto Apartment Association (Toronto, Ontario, Canada)
- Gypsy and Traveller Accommodation Assessment (UK Housing Act)
- Graduate Teaching Assistant-Adjunct Alliance (George Washington University; Washington, DC)
- Greater Toledo Association of Arab Americans (Ohio)
- GSM Technical Advisory Ad Hoc Board
Samples in periodicals archive:
GRAND THEFT AUTO: EPISODES FROM LIBERTY CITY, PS3 LIBERTY City dropped the jaws of sandbox gamers long ago when Grand Theft Auto IV first hit the streets.
The firm, which has a Game store at the Kingsgate Centre in Huddersfield, enjoyed a bumper 2008 with the release of Mario Kart, Wii Fit and Grand Theft Auto IV.
Byline: KEVIN LYNCH For many gamers, last year's Grand Theft Auto IV was THE must-have title.
Verdict says the video games market has more than doubled in value in the last five years, with the popularity of new titles such as Grand Theft Auto IV and FIFA 08 and the Nintendo Wii contributing to the massive growth.
The company, buoyed by the launch of Nintendo's Wii Fit and Grand Theft Auto IV, said its products were being seen as a more affordable alternative to many other family leisure activities.
HMV said it has been increasing the mix of games such as Grand Theft Auto IV and Wii Fit to compensate for falling CD sales.
US researchers have scientifically confirmed the detrimental influences of these games as yet another bloody game is released, this time called Grand Theft Auto IV.