I have seen flooding, but I have never seen anything like this," he was quoted as saying by the Grand Falls-Windsor Advertiser.
What does GFW stand for?
GFW stands for Grand Falls-Windsor (Newfoundland)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GFW
We have 28 other meanings of GFW in our Acronym Attic
- Guided Flight Vehicle
- Georgia Fruit and Vegetable Growers Association
- Government of Free Vietnam (Garden Grove, CA)
- Games for Windows
- Garment Factory Worker (textiles)
- Gift from Within
- Global Force Wrestling (est. 2014)
- Global Forest Watch
- Global Fund for Women
- Gram Formula Weight
- Great Firewall of China (Golden Shield Project; China)
- Gulfwest Oil Company (former stock symbol; now GULF)
- Gurunet for Windows
- Gas Forced Warmed Air (residential real estate)
- Gloucester Fishermen's Wives Association
- Greater Faridabad Welfare Association (India)
- Grouting and Foundation Works Australia Pty Ltd
- Gwynns Falls Watershed Association (Baltimore, MD)
- Greater Fort Worth Builders Association
- General Federation of Women's Clubs
Samples in periodicals archive:
Simpson Medina, Ohio Tina Maryann Moores, deceased Grand Falls-Windsor, N.
The next day it was off to Grand Falls-Windsor where I had five readings, including a library reading at 7:00 pm that night
Adamson, President and CEO of Rubicon Minerals Corporation (TSX:RMX)(AMEX:RBY) is pleased to announce that the Company has optioned the Lake Douglas volcanogenic massive sulphide (VMS) project, located approximately 85 kilometres southeast of the town of Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland.
In early December 2008, AbitibiBowater announced capacity-reduction measures in Canada and the United States, including the permanent closure of its Grand Falls-Windsor, Newfoundland and Labrador mill, due to the economic downturn and decline in product demand.
On Monday, AbitibiBowater announced it would close its Grand Falls-Windsor mill at the end of March after a century of operations, describing it as the highest-cost mill of its kind in North America.
Randy Lockyer, incumbent at Holy Trinity, Grand Falls-Windsor, about a 20-minute drive from Badger, said most people had come to Grand Falls to seek shelter in an old nursing home or stay with friends and family.
Matthew's, built in 1910, is the oldest congregation in the town of Grand Falls-Windsor.