Wounded five times in battle, he was one of France's most decorated soldiers, having among other awards the Medal of the Resistance, the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour, the British Distinguished Service Order and the rank of Commander of the American Legion.
What does GCLH stand for?
GCLH stands for Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GCLH
- Gloucester County Legal Education Association (Woodbury, NJ)
- Garden City Literary Festival (Nigeria)
- Georgia Community Loan Fund
- Global Land Coverage Facility
- Globular Cluster Luminosity Function (astronomy)
- Green Campus Loan Fund (Harvard University; Cambridge, MA)
- Group-Contribution Lattice-Fluid (chemistry)
- Gulf Coast Legal Foundation (Houston, TX)
- Georgia Center for Local Government
- Goodman China Logistics Holding (est. 2009)
- Groupement Culture et Loisirs d'Huriel (French: Culture and Leisure Group Huriel; Huriel, France)
- Gardner Carney Leadership Institute (Colorado)
- Gestalt Center of Long Island (Melville, NY)
- Graphical Command Line Interface
- Gulf Coast Limestone, Inc. (Texas)
- GameCube Open Source Library
- Global Clock
- Golf Club Lázné Kostelec (Czech golf club)
- Gastineau Channel Little League (Alaska)
- Georgia Coalition for Language Learning (Georgia State University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Among the items up for auction are a pair of black slippers embroidered with a red rose, a dressing gown, a lawyer's robe and suits bearing the insignia of the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour.
Tillion - who in 1943 was sent to the Nazi concentration camp at Ravensbrück, north of Berlin, after being caught working for the Resistance - was one of only five women to receive the Grand Cross of the Legion of Honour, one of France's highest awards.