Kitzhaber's Oregon Plan for Salmon and Watershed Restoration and Leavitt's Grand Canyon Visibility Transport Commission, created to clear up the haze over the Utah-Arizona border, are examples of the two governors' attempts to resolve difficult environmental problems through partnerships and local action rather than top-down mandates.
What does GCVTC stand for?
GCVTC stands for Grand Canyon Visibility Transport Commission
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- General Catalog of Variable Stars
- Glasgow Council for the Voluntary Sector (Scotland, UK)
- Gloucester Centre for Voluntary Services (Gloucester, England, UK)
- Gulf Coast Vacuum Services, Inc. (Louisiana and Texas; waste removal)
- Gulf Coast Veterinary Specialists (Houston, TX)
- General Catalog of Variable Stars, 4th Edition
- Greater Chester Valley Soccer Association (Malvern, PA)
- Glasgow and the Clyde Valley Strategic Development Planning (UK)
- Gaisei Challenge Vale Tudo (Brazilian martial arts event)
- General Council for Vocational Training
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Western Regional Air Partnership (WRAP), a project of the National Governors Association, is discussing how to implement the recommendations of its predecessor, the Grand Canyon Visibility Transport Commission, which presented detailed recommendations on clearing the air in 1996.
ABOUT THE WRAP: The WRAP was created as the successor organization to the Grand Canyon Visibility Transport Commission, which made over 70 recommendations in June 1996 for improving visibility in 16 national parks and wilderness areas on the Colorado Plateau.