Mediate the rejection reaction and achieve faster immune system recovery The immune cells present in the stem cell transplant can cause serious rejection reactions in the receiver; this is called the graft-versus-host reaction.
What does GVHR stand for?
GVHR stands for Graft-Versus-Host Reaction
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Graft Versus Host Disease
- Graft-Versus-Host Disease-Like Syndrome
- Gila Valley Home Educators (Chandler, AZ)
- Greater Victoria Hospitals Foundation (British Columbia, Canada)
- Genesee Valley Handspinners Guild
- Graft-Versus-Host Hemolysis (liver transplantation syndrome)
- Grand Valley Housing Initiatives (Grand Junction, CO)
- Global Vectra Helicorp Ltd. (Mumbai)
- Grand Valley Health Plan (Michigan)
- Greater Vancouver Historical Performance Society (est. 1989; Canada)
- Gallatin Valley Human Resource Association
- Greater Victoria Human Resource Management Association (Canada)
- Grand Valley Human Resources Professionals Association (Canada)
- Garnet Valley High School
- Genesee Valley Hosta Society (Rochester, NY)
- Georges Valley High School (Maine)
- Green Valley High School (USA)
- Gypsy Vanner Horse Society (Waynesfield, OH)
- Graft-Versus-Host Skin Disease
- Geneeskunde Voor Het Volk (Dutch: Medicine for the People; Belgium)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The microchimerism hypothesis is intriguing because many of the features of scleroderma are also features of graft-versus-host reaction, "and basically, that second event stimulates this graft-versus-host-like reaction to occur," he said.
The study suggests the researchers turned the graft-versus-host reaction to some patients' advantage, making it a graft-versus-tumor response.