Kerry Atkinson of the American Red Cross and New York Presbyterian Hospital presented recent results suggesting that T cell depletion using anti-CD8 antibody may retain the graft vs leukemia effect and simultaneously decrease GVHD disease compared to conventional hematopoietic stem cell transplantation.
What does GVL stand for?
GVL stands for Graft Vs Leukemia
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GVL
We have 40 other meanings of GVL in our Acronym Attic
- Glasvezel Versterkte Kunststof (Dutch: Fiberglass Reinforced Plastic)
- Gram Vikas Kosh (Indian development concept)
- Golden Valley Kite Fliers (UK)
- Germany Valley Karst Survey (West Virginia)
- Generalised Van Kampen Theorem
- Gainesville, Florida (airport code)
- Garden Variety Lamer
- Genomic Variation Laboratory
- Gezangen Voor Liturgie (Dutch: Songs for Liturgy)
- Green Valley Lake (California)
- Georgia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts (Atlanta, GA)
- Greater Vancouver Libertarian Association (now West Coast Libertarian Foundation; Canada)
- Guard Vessel Leak Detector
- Great Valley Leadership Institute (Modesto, CA)
- Greenwich Village Little League (New York, NY)
- Ground Vehicular Laser Locator/Designator
- Golden Valley Light Railway (Derbyshire, UK)
- Greater Victoria Labour Relations Association (Canada)
- Global Verification Location System
Samples in periodicals archive:
Andrea Bacigalupo, Ospedale San Martino, Genova Italy Sunday, 12/8/02, 5:45 pm, Hall D, Poster Board #790 Abstract #798 -- Allogeneic Stem-Cell Transplantation for Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia (CLL) with ATG-Containing Conditioning: Evidence for Improved Survival and Preservation of Graft vs Leukemia Effect.