Overall, 27% of companies said they were beginning to analyze ways of tackling carbon emissions, and despite the government's introduction of a seven-band graduated Vehicle Excise Duty regime that sees vehicles emitting more than 225 grams per kilometer of CO2 paying the highest tax, only 16% of companies say they are moving away from operating such vehicles.
What does GVED stand for?
GVED stands for Graduated Vehicle Excise Duty (UK)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GVED
- Gordonsville, Virginia (airport code)
- Graphics and Visualization in Engineering (conference)
- Workshop on Graphics and Visualization Education
- Golden Valley Electric Association (Alaska)
- Glomerular Visceral Epithelial Cell
- Gonadal Vein Endothelial Cell
- Greatham Village Events Committee (UK)
- Guadalupe Valley Electric Cooperative
- Gastric Vagal Efferent Multiunit Discharge
- Greenbrier Valley Economic Development Corporation
- Gunnison Valley Economic Development Corporation (Gunnison, CO)
- Goulburn Valley Environment Group (Shepparton, Australia)
- Gastric Vagal-Evoked Hypothalamic
- Goulburn Valley Equine Hospital (est. 1988; Shepparton, Victoria, Australia)
- Grants to Voluntary Environment and Heritage Organisations (Australia)
- Global Vulcan Energy International
- Greater Valley Emergency Medical Services (Sayre, PA)
- Government Vehicle Equipment Operator
- Ground Vehicle Electro-Optics
Samples in periodicals archive:
Since the introduction of the graduated Vehicle Excise Duty system in March 2001, average new-car CO2 emissions have fallen by 3.
Both labels will be based on the carbon dioxide emission bands that form the basis of the new graduated Vehicle Excise Duty (VED) bands.
While carbon monoxide is a contributor to the greenhouse effect, the new graduated Vehicle Excise Duty aims to reduce CARBON DIOXIDE (CO2).
Four your chance to win, call our motor show hotline on 0901 563 8205 and tell us: 1 When does the new Graduated Vehicle Excise Duty come into effect?
He was told that there was growing uncertainty in the UK car market because of his 'rip-off' Britain campaign, the planned graduated vehicle excise duty and the proposals for workplace parking - all of which were problems created exclusively by the actions of Mr Byers' own Government.