Randy Hultgren (R-IL) for leading efforts to include state Graduated Driver Licensing and distracted driving incentive grant provisions in the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21[sup.
What does GDL stand for?
GDL stands for Graduated Driver (s) License
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GDL
We have 85 other meanings of GDL in our Acronym Attic
- Global Data Link (WorldCom)
- Global Development Links (London, UK)
- Global Distribution List (Microsoft Outlook)
- Glow Discharge Lamp
- glucono delta-lactone (food additive)
- GNU Data Language (computer language)
- Goal-Driven Learning
- Gouvernement du Luxembourg (French: Government of Luxembourg)
- Gradi di Libertà (Italian: Degrees of Freedom; mathematics)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (UK)
- Graduated Driver Licensing
- Grand Duchy of Lithuania
- Grand Duchy Of Luxembourg
- Graus de Liberdade (Portuguese: Degree of Freedom; statistics)
- Greenstone Digital Library
- Grendonstar Ltd (UK)
- Grounded Di-Electric Layer
- Group Digital Library
- Groupe des Laboratoires (French: Group of Laboratories)
- Gruppo di Lavoro (Italian)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A report published yesterday by the Association of British Insurers (ABI) also called for an introduction in graduated driver licensing which has proved successful in other countries.
5) There have recently been calls in South Africa to introduce stricter licensing conditions for younger drivers in the form of graduated driver licensing (GDL), (8,9) which is a three-phase licensing system for novice drivers consisting of a learner's permit, a provisional license, and a full license.
Road safety campaigners say graduated driver licensing would prevent 200 deaths and thousands of injuries each year.
In March 2011, the Scottish government released results from a national debate on young driver safety, which found support from the majority of drivers for graduated driver licensing in Scotland.
The legislation would establish minimum federal requirements for state graduated driver licensing laws and encourage all states to adopt graduated licensing laws that meet those minimum requirements within three years.
By targeting them with graduated driver licensing many accidents might be avoided.
Driving organisations have questioned proposals by a Cardiff University expert to introduce a graduated driver licensing (GDL) system for all young newly-qualified drivers as unenforceable.