Kathmandu, April 5 (Xinhua-ANI): Nepal is likely to achieve only four out of eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), according to a joint press statement released here on Friday by United Nations Development Program and the government of Nepal.
What does GON stand for?
GON stands for Government of Nepal
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GON
We have 25 other meanings of GON in our Acronym Attic
- Granite Oaks Middle School (Rocklin, CA)
- Grants Obligations Management System
- Gulf of Mexico Seawater
- Gulf of Mexico States Accord
- Group-Oriented Modeling and Simulation Environment
- Generic Object Model for Substation and Feeder Equipment
- Get Off Me, Stay Off Me
- God of My Understanding
- Gulf of Mexico Working Group
- General Office Non-Line of Sight
- Government of Nicaragua
- Government of Niger
- Government of Nigeria
- Government of the Netherlands
- Great Outdoor Network (outdoor advertising)
- Groton / New London, CT, USA - Groton-New London (Airport Code)
- Gathering of Native Americans
- Great Oaks Neighborhood Association (San Jose, CA)
- Gaming Ordinators National Association Of Developing Systems (fictional decline of video gaming)
- Geographical and Oceanographic Navigation Administration and Department of Sea-travel (UK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A loan assistance of USD 17 million to the government of Nepal is granted by Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development to the implementation of the Budhi Ganga Hydropower Project.
| KUWAIT, March 22 (KUNA) -- Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development (KFAED) has agreed to provide a loan assistance of USD 17 million to the government of Nepal for the implementation of the Budhi Ganga Hydropower Project, a statement by KFAED said on Friday.
The minutes of the exchange of the ratification instruments were signed by HE the director of Asian and African Affairs Department Ambassador Zayed bin Rashid al-Nuaimi on behalf of the government of Qatar, and by Nepalese Ambassador to Qatar Dr Surya Nath Mishra on behalf of the government of Nepal.
The embassy of Pakistan is confident that the government of Nepal would undertake investigations at appropriate levels to bring the criminals to justice," the embassy said in a statement.
The participants included a 60-person delegation from the government of Nepal led by Sujata Koirala, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs.
Rosemary Macray, a State Department spokeswoman, told AFP all cases are effectively frozen as "all of the Nepali children that we have seen being matched with US families by the government of Nepal have been reported to be abandoned.
I urge the Government of Nepal to ensure that fundamental rights to peaceful assembly and freedom of expression are fully respected and protected.