The SWTUF grabbed the opportunity and declared its willingness, with the objective of reuniting the labor movement, to accept the formation of a new government workers union within its structure (Gasm Al-Seed, 1990).
What does GWU stand for?
GWU stands for Government Workers Union (various locations)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GWU
We have 10 other meanings of GWU in our Acronym Attic
- Great Wall Travel Service (tourism)
- Great West Truck Show (Las Vegas, NV; annual conference; est. 1969)
- Groundwater Pump-and-Treat-System
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Ground Water Travel Time
- Gone With The Wind (novel)
- Gardner-Webb University
- General Workers Union (Malta)
- George Washington University
- Geschichte in Wissenschaft und Unterricht (German: Lessons in Science and History; journal)
- Grain Workers' Union (Canada)
- Glen Waverley Uniting Church (Australia)
- Ground Water Under Direct Influence (of Surface Water)
- Ground Water Under the Direct Influence of Surface Water
- Garment Worker Unity Forum
- German WebSphere User Group
- George Washington University Gamers' Society (Washington, DC)
- George Washington University Hospital (Washington, DC)
- George Washington University Health Plan
- Grid Workflow User Interface (graphical front-end)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wisconsin's Republican governor Scott Walker is in a close race with a Democrat who is severely critical of Walker's limitations on government workers unions -- but who does not say she would completely repeal them.
The chief of central government workers union PASYDY said explanations had been provided and "any misunderstandings were lifted.
And yesterday he claimed the local government workers union was trying to 'hijack' public services in the dispute which is now in its fourth week.
The PRI has already designated Joel Ayala Almeida, leader of the government workers union (Federacion de Sindicatos de Trabajadores al Servicio del Estado, FSTSE), for an at-large seat in the Senate.
After dashing onto the st age, 25-year union member Gloria Caoile does a little dance and then hugs President Clinton before he continues a speech Friday at a national convention for a government workers union in Chicago.
Government workers union PASYDY has decided to stage a 24-hour warning strike next Friday to protest the administration's perceived intention to tax retirement bonuses.
Scott Walker's determination to break the ruinously expensive and paralyzing grip that government workers unions had on Wisconsin, took over the capitol building in Madison.