This was a full strike today," Bassem Zakarneh, spokesman for the Palestinian government workers union, told AFP, adding that it would continue on Thursday.
What does GWU stand for?
GWU stands for Government Workers Union (various locations)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GWU
We have 10 other meanings of GWU in our Acronym Attic
- Great Wall Travel Service (tourism)
- Great West Truck Show (Las Vegas, NV; annual conference; est. 1969)
- Groundwater Pump-and-Treat-System
- Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
- Ground Water Travel Time
- Gone With The Wind (novel)
- Gardner-Webb University
- General Workers Union (Malta)
- George Washington University
- Geschichte in Wissenschaft und Unterricht (German: Lessons in Science and History; journal)
- Grain Workers' Union (Canada)
- Glen Waverley Uniting Church (Australia)
- Ground Water Under Direct Influence (of Surface Water)
- Ground Water Under the Direct Influence of Surface Water
- Garment Worker Unity Forum
- German WebSphere User Group
- George Washington University Gamers' Society (Washington, DC)
- George Washington University Hospital (Washington, DC)
- George Washington University Health Plan
- Grid Workflow User Interface (graphical front-end)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Glafkos Hadjipetrou, the head of central government workers union PASYDY was briefed by the finance ministry permanent secretary.
And yesterday he claimed the local government workers union was trying to 'hijack' public services in the dispute which is now in its fourth week.
Byline: By Robin Turner Western Mail The local government workers union Unison said yesterday it could not rule out the possibility of industrial action over the introduction of a new computer system.
Author: Alexis Pantelides THE PUBLIC sector paralysed yesterday as government workers union PASYDY staged a planned 12-hour strike over a two-year wage freeze for civil servants, which they say was passed without prior dialogue.
Author: George Psyllides GOVERNMENT workers union PASYDY staged a surprise strike yesterday afternoon, which is set to continue for 12 hours today, apparently after rumours that authorities intended to impose more cuts on the public sector.
Government workers union PASYDY called an afternoon strike on Wednesday in response to the approval of an austerity package by parliament, which was expected later today.
Author: George Psyllides GOVERNMENT workers union PASYDY yesterday called-off a 12-hour strike planned for tomorrow to protest a decision taken for austerity measures without prior dialogue with the unions.