He was arrested on suspicion of theft in connection with the alleged misuse of a government credit card and breach of trust, abuse of office and conflict of interest, contrary to the Anti-Corruption Law 2008, in connection with the alleged importation of explosive substances without valid permits.
What does GOVCC stand for?
GOVCC stands for Government Credit Card (travel card)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
- Gone On Vacation
- Government Owned Vehicle
- Gross Observed Volume
- Government Insurance
- Governor's Office of Veterans Affairs (Ohio)
- Glen Oaks Volunteer Ambulance Corps (Glen Oaks, NY)
- Greater Omaha Volkswagen Audi Gruppe
- Greater Ottumwa Vocal Arts Project (Iowa)
- Government Contractor
- Governor General
- Gambia Organisation of the Visually Impaired
- Government-Industry (restricted information)
- Government-Industry Restricted Information
- Gouds Ontwikkelingsvolgsysteem Voor Kleuters (Dutch: Gouda Development Monitoring System for Toddlers)
- Governmental Markup Language
- Government of Viet Nam
- Greater Oakland Visiting Nurse Association
- Government Network (secure/private US network)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Premier Bush was released on bail Wednesday as the Royal Cayman Islands Police Service investigate allegations that he misused his government credit card and imported explosive devices without a permit.
Byline: PAT FLANAGAN WHEN ordinary people must make sacrifices it is outrageous thousands of euro are being run up on Government credit cards.
He awarded contracts worth pounds 240,000 to a company he owned himself, and blew another pounds 260,000 on a government credit card under the noses of senior managers.
Previously, NSWG4 relied on antiquated and manual-driven processes for their government credit card purchases.
Documentation that was obtained under the Freedom of Information Act revealed 34 Assembly Government credit card holders, working in offices around the world, spent pounds 718,434.
Figures showed that 34 Assembly Government credit card holders, working in offices around the world on behalf of the Welsh taxpayer, spent a total of pounds 718,434.
The 2007 entries involved abuses of official positions, misuse of government resources and personnel, bribery, criminal conflicts of interest, misuse of government credit cards, financial disclosure violations, fraud, political activity violations, post-employment violations, salary for government work from non-government sources, time and attendance violations, and travel violations.