Government Communications Headquarters spokesperson also clarified the matter.
What does GCHQ stand for?
GCHQ stands for Government Communications Headquarters (UK)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Great Canadian Hockey League (est. 1996)
- Gulf Coast Hockey League (Texas)
- Galveston County Historical Museum (Texas)
- Gulf Coast Hotel-Motel Association of Mississippi
- Greater Cement Hill Neighborhood Association (local resident organization; Nevada City, CA)
- GAPA (Gay Asian Pacific Alliance) Community HIV Project (California)
- Ground-Coupled Heat Pump
- Gulf Coast Housing Partnership (est. 2006; New Orleans, LA)
- Graduate Certificate in Health Professional Education (Australia)
- Ghana Committee on Human and People's Rights (Accra, Ghana)
- Grand City Hotels & Resorts (Germany)
- Gulf Coast Historical Review (University of South Alabama; Mobile, AL)
- Greater Cincinnati Human Resources Association (Ohio)
- Garden City High School (USA)
- Gas Central Heating System
- Gates Chili High School (Rochester, NY)
- Gentle Care Home Services, Inc. (Piscataway, NJ)
- Gilmer County High School (West Virginia)
- Gladwin County Historical Society (Michigan)
- Gloucester Catholic High School (New Jersey)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Intelligence and Security Committee also oversees the work of the Government Communications Headquarters, GCHQ, which eavesdrops on communications around the world.
We cannot comment until the code is broken," a spokesman for Government Communications Headquarters told the (http://www.
The Prince also dedicated a memorial to intelligence staff who have contributed to the work of the Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) at Cheltenham and its forerunners, which have protected the UK's interests since 1914.
London, Apr 15 ( ANI ): Notorious Internet hacking group Anonymous issued a warning that they had planned to take down the website of the UK intelligence agency, Government Communications Headquarters (GHCQ).
THE CODEBREAKERS THE title Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) was first used in 1940 as a cover name for Britain's codebreaking base at Bletchley Park in Buckinghamshire.
Mr Williams had been seconded from the top secret Government Communications Headquarters in Cheltenham to MI6 in the capital.
Under legislation expected in next month's Queen's Speech, internet companies will be instructed to install hardware enabling UK Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) to examine "on demand" any phone call made, text message and email sent, and website accessed in "real time", a London newspaper reported.