The Government Accountability Office between long-standing regimes and protesters seeking their removal triggered concern from government auditors, especially ahead of a looming $53 million arms deal and Bahrain, the GAO said.
What does GAO stand for?
GAO stands for Government Accountability Office (formerly General Accounting Office)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GAO
We have 63 other meanings of GAO in our Acronym Attic
- Gas Association of New Zealand
- German in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Gestalt Australia and New Zealand (psychotherapy)
- Game Advertising Online (network)
- Garfunkel and Oates (band)
- General Accounting Office (now Government Accountability Office)
- General Administration Office
- Georgia Advocacy Office
- Goal Achievement Objective
- Golf Association of Ontario (Canada)
- Governmental Affairs Office (various organizations)
- General Accounting Office, Health, Education and Human Services Division
- Groundwater Assessment in the Okanagan Basin (Canada)
- Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy (cartoon)
- Golden Arrow Overseas Consulting (China)
- GrandAm Owners Club
- Grupo Astronomico Omega Centauro (Galician: Omega Centauri Astronomical Group)
- Gulf Area Oil Companies Mutual Aid Organisation (Persian Gulf region)
- Geen Antwoord Op De Vraag (Dutch)
- Global Association of Online Foresters
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Government Accountability Office made 41 recommendations to clean up the IRS's internal accounting, warning that the nation's tax collectors are "at increased risk of not complying with requirements established in its annual appropriations act" At least now they know what it feels like to fail an audit.
00 Paperback JK850 Compiled by the United States Government Accountability Office (no single author or editor is credited), this report reviews the Privacy Act of 1974 and the E-Government Act of 2002 to determine if there are consistencies between these laws and the federal government's policies toward personal information and privacy.
The Naval Audit Service receives oversight from: * The Department of Defense Inspector General -- which sets audit policy within the DoD, conducts quality assurance reviews of our work, and oversees peer reviews of DoD audit organizations * The Army Audit Agency -- which performs triennial peer reviews on our work * The Government Accountability Office -- which sets the audit standards for all government audit organizations and has authority to audit/evaluate the Naval Audit Service's performance and compliance with standards.
SOURCE: GOVERNMENT ACCOUNTABILITY OFFICE 1 Number of bills vetoed by George W.
The Government Accountability Office is accepting comments until Aug.
In 2004 we at the Government Accountability Office (GAO) arranged to have a multinational team of experienced performance auditors conduct the first-ever peer review of our performance audits of federal government programs (www.
Government Accountability Office (GAO), the requirement that programs spend one-third of their PEPFAR prevention funds on interventions that promote abstinence until marriage has created several challenges for HIV prevention teams in the 15 countries that are PEPFAR's focus.