The variation in practices makes it difficult to develop a construct for corporate governance practices at the country level; however Governance Metrics International (GMI), has created a country corporate governance index extrapolated from the practices of the firms within each country which they follow and rate for their investor clientele.
What does GMI stand for?
GMI stands for Governance Metrics International (New York, New York)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GMI
We have 122 other meanings of GMI in our Acronym Attic
- Global Media Intelligence
- Global Medical Imaging (North Carolina)
- Global Medical Instrumentation
- Global Modeling Initiative
- Global MSF Interoperability
- Goddard Management Instruction
- Gold Moon Incorporated
- Good Mobile Intranet
- Goodman Media International (New York)
- Gorgas Memorial Institute (of Tropical and Preventive Medicine, Panama)
- Government Materiel Inspection
- Government Monitoring Information
- Graduate Management Institute
- Graphic Metals, Inc.
- Greater Mission Initiative
- Gregor Mendel Institute of Molecular Plant Biology (Vienna, Austria)
- Gross Margin Improvement (profitability)
- Gross Monthly Income
- Ground Maintenance Interrogation
- Guaranteed Minimum Income (social welfare system; various nations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
independent advisor Governance Metrics International had consistently given the company an F-rating, "only because there is no lower grade.
A recent report from Governance Metrics International calculates that the percentage of female directors, at just over 12%, has barely budged in the last three years.
It is truly an honor to be included with my colleague Anne Sheehan, and fellow professionals such as Roger Ferguson of TIAA-CREF, Nell Minnow of Governance Metrics International, and Ann Yerger of the Council of Institutional Investors," said CalSTRS CEO Jack Ehnes.
The complaint also notes that Governance Metrics International has handed News Corp.
Since 2008, UBS Alternative Research has formed strategic alliances with four other firms including Integrity Research, Governance Metrics International, America's Research Group and Noble.
To assist boards in the enhancement of diversity on corporate boards and of shareholder value, CalSTRS and CalPERS launched the Diverse Director DataSource, known as "3D," by announcing the selection of corporate governance vendor Governance Metrics International to develop and operate the DataSource.
Last month, NextEra Energy ranked among the top 20 companies in corporate governance out of 4,100 companies evaluated by Governance Metrics International (GMI).