April 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The Apache Software Foundation (ASF)'s Community Development (ComDev) project today announced its acceptance into the Google Summer of Code (GSoC) as a mentoring organization for the eighth consecutive year.
What does GSoC stand for?
GSoC stands for Google Summer of Code (student code-writing program)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of GSoC
We have 10 other meanings of GSoC in our Acronym Attic
- General Staff Officer Grade 2 (military rank)
- Georgia Soccer Officials Association
- Girl Scouts of America
- Global Services Operating Architecture (Dimension Data)
- Gruppe für Eine Schweiz Ohne Armee (German: Group for a Switzerland without an Army; est. 1982; Switzerland)
- Gainesville Sports Organizing Committee, Inc. (Gainesville, FL)
- Georgia Systems Operations Corporation (Tucker, GA)
- German Space Operations Center
- Girl Scouts of Ocean County (New Jersey)
- Global Security Operations Center (software)
- Gopher State One Call (Minnesota)
- Graduate Students of Color (various locations)
- Global Summary of the Day (NOAA)
- Good Sense of Direction (spatial orientation analysis)
- Grand Slam of Darts (tournament)
- Gray Screen of Death (Apple)
- Green Screen of Death (Microsoft XBox)
- Geelong Society of Dramatic Arts (Australia)
- Garden State Offshore Energy (wind farm; New Jersey)
- Graduate School of Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
lt;p>The company's Open Source Programs Office maintains a link to the open source software development community, releases Google-created code, and aids in the education of open source software developers through its Google Summer of Code program.
The company's Open Source Programs Office maintains a link to the open source software development community, releases Google-created code, and aids in the education of open source software developers through its Google Summer of Code program.
Two-Day Unconference Strives to Bring the Apache Developer Community Together, Encourage Project Contributions, and Prepare for Google Summer of Code 2012 PALO ALTO, Calif.
The Google Summer of Code program was launched in 2005 to encourage students from around the world to expand their knowledge of open source software development with hands-on experience.
Google Summer of Code - Ingres has been a participant in Google's Summer of Code, where a collection of students worked with Ingres mentors on a number of projects including the production of Linux and Mac OSX versions of Ingres CAFE.
com/), the most trusted magazine for professional developers, development managers and software architects, is launching its Google Summer of Code editorial series with the December 2005 issue.
org Community as a mentoring organization for the Google Summer of Code 2008, a program that offers student developers stipends to write code for open source projects.