As a Boy Scout, "The slogan is to 'do a good turn daily,' and by replacing that flag, I was doing a good turn for America.
What does GTFA stand for?
GTFA stands for Good Turn for America
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GTFA
We have 1 other meaning of GTFA in our Acronym Attic
- Great Falls, MT, USA - Great Falls International (Airport Code)
- Ground Tactical Force
- Ground Test Facility
- Grout Treatment Facility
- Grupo de Tecnologías Fotónicas (Spanish: Photonic Technologies Group)
- Guidance Test Fixture
- GWEN Training Facility
- General Transcription Factor 2-i
- General Transcription Factor 3
- Genetic Tobit Factor Analysis
- Guam Track and Field Association (Tamuning, Guam)
- Good Touch for A Big Man
- Get the Flip Back to Work (polite form)
- Ghana Trade Fair Company (formerly Ghana Trade Fair Authority; Minsitry of Trade & Industry; Ghana)
- Green Tree Financial Corporation
- Grimsby Town Football Club (UK)
- Glynn Teachers Federal Credit Union (now Marshland Federal Credit Union; Brunswick, GA)
- Greater Texas Federal Credit Union (Austin, TX)
- Galloway Township Fire Department (Atlantic County, NJ)
- Genesee Township Fire Department (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Scouts plan to be out collecting food Boy Scouts of the Knox Trail Council are gearing up for the 22nd anniversary of the Scouting for Food, Good Turn for America campaign.
Scouts CAN is part of a national Good Turn for America program, which is a national call to service to address the issues of hunger, homelessness and poor health.
Continuing its Good Turn for America pledge of healthy living during October's National Family and Children's Health Month, the Boy Scouts of America (BSA), the nation's leading youth service organization, is helping to combat these rising numbers through programs that encourage exercise and healthy living Co starting in the home and continuing through traditional after-school activities such as Scouting.
In support of Scouting's commitment of service to others, the jamboree will feature three large-scale Good Turn for America service projects including a house build, a 5K run, and food distribution to Caroline County food pantries.
Scouting continues its legacy of combating poverty and other social issues while creating leaders of tomorrow through its Good Turn for America initiative -- a collaboration with other community organizations that focuses the power of volunteerism on the important community issues of hunger, shelter, and health.
As part of its ongoing Good Turn for America program, the BSA is urging American youth to look to physical fitness and participation in sports for entertainment, rather than more sedentary choices like television, computers, and video games.
As part of its ongoing Good Turn for America initiative, the Boy Scouts of America, one of the nation's leading youth organizations, is recognizing National Physical Fitness and Sports Month by educating youth on fitness through initiatives like the BSA Physical Fitness Award.