I still fondly recall a chat I had with him a few years back where he told me the most hilariously embarrassing story about hiding in the toilet to avoid meeting the formidable James Brown in the early '90s, much of which I didn't print for fear of being sued by the (then still alive and boogying) Godfather Of Soul.
What does GFOS stand for?
GFOS stands for Godfather of Soul (performer James Brown)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of GFOS
- Good Friend of Dog
- German Federation of Glory (gaming clan)
- Generator Forced Outage Insurance
- Georgia Friends of Midwives
- Good Friend of Mine (Internet slang)
- General Federation of Nepalese Trade Unions
- Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe (tea)
- Great Friend of the Pod (soccer)
- General/Flag Officer's Quarters (US Army)
- Get Fast or Quit (blog)
- Goodwood Festival of Speed (UK)
- Grate Fires of Sussex (UK)
- Greek Festival of Sydney (Sydney, Australia)
- Geospatial Free and Open Source Software
- Geometric Field of View
- Gospel Fellowship Outreach Worship Center (Twentynine Palms, CA)
- General Fellowship Program (US NIH)
- General Framing Procedure
- Generic Frame Protocol
- Generic Framing Procedure
Samples in periodicals archive:
Brown, the Godfather of Soul, died from a suspected heart attack in 2006.
Director Jeffrey Levy-Hinte ploughed through 450,000ft of film footage to find previously unseen footage of performers like BB King, Bill Withers and the Godfather of Soul himself - James Brown.
Some of the DVD titles include: The Godfather of Soul Speaks in His Own Words; informal discussions between James Brown and Ben Brown, How to be Successful after You Get the Deal (inspired by personal observations made by Ben Brown concerning talented artist sustaining their careers after they got off the ground), and How to Get Rich and Stay Rich.
Byline: The Register-Guard Concert series features late godfather of soul The In-Concert LateNite series returns to the Bijou Art Cinemas, 492 E.
Brown, revered as the Godfather of Soul, died of heart failure on Christmas Day aged 73.
Brown, known as the Godfather of Soul, died on Christmas Day aged 73.
We shared a word about the Godfather of Soul and went our ways.