Glucocorticoid-induced insulin resistance in skeletal muscles: defects in insulin signalling and the effects of a selective glycogen synthase kinase-3 inhibitor.
What does GSK-3 stand for?
GSK-3 stands for Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Gassner Stockmann Kollegen (law firm; various locations)
- General Storekeeper (US Navy)
- Generalized Shannon-Khinchin's Axiom
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (pharmaceutical company)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase
- God Save the King
- Graveyard Shift Killers (Counter Strike clan)
- Greenland Shark (FAO fish species code)
- Gruppentraining Sozialer Kompetenzen (Germany)
- Gursharan Singh Kohli (Ukranian production company)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 Beta
- Georgia Sprint Karting Association (Fayetteville, GA)
- Golden State Karate Association (California)
- Girl Scouts of Kennebec Council (South Portland, ME)
- Greater Shelby Kennel Club, Inc. (Cordova, TN)
- Greyhound Support in Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- Geneeskundige Stichting Koningin Elisabeth (Dutch: Queen Elizabeth Medical Foundation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Highlights include: - Lentivirus-Based siRNA Target Validation In Vivo: Potential Applications for Kinases Luk van Parijs, CENTER FOR CANCER RESEARCH -- MIT - Pharmacological Inhibitors of Cyclin-Dependent Kinases (CDKs) and Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 (GSK-3) Laurent Meijer, THE ROCKEFELLER UNIVERSITY Presentations on behalf of the industry include Astex Technology, AstraZeneca, Atugen AG, Axxima AG, Caprion Pharmaceuticals, Cell-Signaling Technology, Cellular Genomics, Cengent Therapeutics, Cephalon, Eli Lilly & Co.
Increased glycogen synthase kinase-3 activity in diabetes- and obesity-prone C57BL/6J mice.
Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 an Introductory Synopsis Chapter 2.
reported that glycogen synthase kinase-3 inhibitors prevent caspase-dependent apoptosis induced by ethanol in cultured rat cortical neurons (Takadera and Ohyashiki 2004).