ARTICLE INFO Keywords: Naringenin Melanogenesis Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase [beta] -Catenin Glycogen synthase kinase 3 [beta] Introduction The colour of mammalian skin and hair is determined by a number of factors, the most obvious phenotypical characteristics of which is the distribution of the melanin pigment.
What does GSK3 stand for?
GSK3 stands for Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- General Storekeeper (US Navy)
- Generalized Shannon-Khinchin's Axiom
- GlaxoSmithKline plc (pharmaceutical company)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase
- God Save the King
- Graveyard Shift Killers (Counter Strike clan)
- Greenland Shark (FAO fish species code)
- Gruppentraining Sozialer Kompetenzen (Germany)
- Gursharan Singh Kohli (Ukranian production company)
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 Alpha
- Glycogen Synthase Kinase-3 Beta
- Georgia Sprint Karting Association (Fayetteville, GA)
- Golden State Karate Association (California)
- Girl Scouts of Kennebec Council (South Portland, ME)
- Greater Shelby Kennel Club, Inc. (Cordova, TN)
- Greyhound Support in Kansas City (Kansas City, MO)
- Geneeskundige Stichting Koningin Elisabeth (Dutch: Queen Elizabeth Medical Foundation)
- Gamer Sind Keine Verbrecher (gaming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Now, Li-Huei Tsai, professor of neuroscience at the MIT, and colleagues have shown for the first time that DISC1 directly inhibits the activity of a brain enzyme called glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta, responsible for schizophrenic conditions.
For example, the Wnt/B/catenin pathway, termed the canonical Wnt signaling pathway, involves Wnt binding to Frizzled cell surface receptors, which in turn activate Disheveled, causing the inhibition of protein kinase glycogen synthase kinase 3, which in turn releases dephosphorylated ß-catenin from the adenomatous polyposis coli-axin complex.
The rogue signal, glycogen synthase kinase 3, was previously found to halt uncontrolled cell growth, preventing several forms of cancer.
Cyanidin-3-glucoside reverses ethanol-induced inhibition of neurite outgrowth: role of glycogen synthase kinase 3 beta.
Constitutive activation of protein kinase B[alpha] by membrane targeting promotes glucose and system A amino acid transport, protein synthesis, and inactivation of glycogen synthase kinase 3 in L6 muscle cells.
Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3 as a Potential Target for Therapy in Multiple Myeloma University of Chicago The following researchers were 2001 Senior Research Award recipients, and have been awarded Renewal Awards for a second year of funding: * Teru Hideshima, MD, Ph.
The Crystal Structures of Glycogen Synthase Kinase 3.