Smoking and disease severity in rheumatoid arthritis: association with polymorphism at the glutathione S-transferase M1 locus.
What does GSTM stand for?
GSTM stands for Glutathione S-Transferase M1 (genes; also seen as GSTM1)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GSTM
We have 8 other meanings of GSTM in our Acronym Attic
- Give Me Something to Kill the Pain (song by Pentagram)
- Genco Shipping & Trading Limited (New York, NY)
- Genco Shipping & Trading Ltd. (New York, NY)
- Global Starcraft Team League (gaming)
- Gopher State Tape Library (St. Louis Park, MN)
- Ground Search Team Leader
- Guest Service Team Leader (Target stores employee title)
- Golden Sun the Lost Age (gaming)
- Gatespace Telematics (supplier of systems and components for telematics)
- Giggling Silently to Myself (chat slang)
- GNOME SSH (Secure Shell) Tunnel Manager (software)
- Golf and Sports Turf Management
- GRACE (Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment) Science Team Meeting (conference)
- Grace School of Theology and Ministry (Pleasant Hill, CA)
- Glutathione S-Transferase M1 (genes; also seen as GSTM)
- Glutathione S-Transferase Mu-4
- General Switched Telephone Network (also see POTS)
- Global Short-Term Notes
- Global Switched Telephone Network
- Groupe Spéléologique des Troglodytes de Novel (French)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Glutathione S-transferase M1, T1, and P1 gene polymorphisms and carotid atherosclerosis in Korean patients with rheumatoid arthritis.
Impact of glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1 gene polymorphisms on the smoking-related coronary artery disease.
Effects of glutathione S-transferase M1, maternal smoking during pregnancy, and environmental tobacco smoke on asthma and wheezing in children.
OBJECTIVES: This study was conducted to assess lung function decrement associated with metal components in particulate pollutants and genetic polymorphisms of glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1.
Pooled analysis and meta-analysis of glutathione S-transferase M1 and bladder cancer: a HuGE review.
Arsenic methylation capacity, body retention, and null genotypes of glutathione S-transferase M1 and T1 among current arsenic-exposed residents in Taiwan.
Mattey and his colleagues, reporting in the March 2002 issue of Arthritis & Rheumatism, say that the reason why smoking increases the severity of the disease appears to hinge on the relationship between smoking, rheumatoid arthritis, and glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1).