From a concrete foundation, vertical posts of glue-laminated wood (known as glulam) provide support to hybrid floor panels made from more glulam beams that are embedded in reinforced concrete.
What does GLB stand for?
GLB stands for Glulam Beam (glulam is glued laminated timber)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GLB
We have 47 other meanings of GLB in our Acronym Attic
- Greater Los Angeles Writers Society
- Greater Los Angeles Zoo Association
- Gay Lesbian Bisexual
- Geek Life Blog (new technology website)
- Gel Loading Buffer
- Gemeenschappelijk Landbouwbeleid (Dutch: Common Agricultural Policy/ European Commission, aka: CAP)
- Generic Logic Block (computing)
- Ghana Library Board
- Global Load Balancers
- Goal Line Blitz (sports radio show)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999
- Great Lakes Bulletin (Michigan Land Use Institute)
- Greatest Lower Bound (mathematics)
- Gurulakshmi Builders
- Game Level Builder 3 (software)
- Gay and Lesbian Business Association
- Gay Lesbian and Bisexual Alliance
- Gay Lesbian Bisexual Alliance
- Gay Lesbian Bisexual and Allies
Samples in periodicals archive:
The building's complex roof structure incorporates an impressive exposed ceiling that was made using only 100% FSC certified glulam beams, which removed the need for a suspended ceiling.
The Discovery Centre, a new 6,500-square-foot tourist information centre is framed with glulam beams and exposed white pine columns.
We construct every project using Eco Building Products, our parent company, full line of custom engineered wood products, I-joists, Glulam beams, LVL, trusses, dimensional lumber, sheathing, and trim.
The firm specializes in glulam beams, which are made by gluing together layers of wood into a sandwich.
Richard Fielding, construction director for Shepherd Construction, said: "It is unusual for glulam beams to be used externally and they are set to be a striking addition to the new college.
2005) fabricated and tested a single glulam beam with prestressed FRP tensile reinforcing to provide validation for a detailed finite-element model of their beam.
Lon-term Behavior of Glulam Beams under Changing Humidity.