The net glucose uptake by the liver depends on the activities of glucokinase and glucose-6-phosphatase.
What does GCK stand for?
GCK stands for Glucokinase
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GCK
We have 14 other meanings of GCK in our Acronym Attic
- Giftcenter & Jewelrymart (San Francisco, California)
- Gordon C. James Public Relations (Phoenix, AZ)
- Gulf Coast Jack Russell Terrier Network (Texas)
- Gold Coast Jazz Society (Fort Lauderdale, FL)
- Gulf Coast Joint Venture
- Garden City (Amtrak station code; Garden City, KS)
- Garden City, KS, USA - Garden City Municipal Airport (Airport Code)
- Gas Conversion Kit
- Gene Construction Kit (Textco BioSoftware, Inc.)
- General Cadet Knowledge
- Gminne Centrum Kultury (Polish: Municipal Cultural Center)
- Group Cipher Key
- Groupe Cycliste Kerhuonnais (French cycling club; Le Relecq-Kerhuon, France)
- Greater Cincinnati Killifish Association (Dayton, OH)
- Grove City Kids Association (Ohio)
- Galveston County Kennel Club (Texas)
- Gold Coast Kart Club (est. 1971; Oxenford, Queensland, Australia)
- Glomerulocystic Kidney Disease
- German Chinese Kuoshu Federation
- Gulf Coast Kayak Fishing Association (Florida)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Glucokinase is an enzyme that regulates the uptake of glucose from the blood.
had entered into an agreement with Amgen in December 2009 for the worldwide development of the small-molecule glucokinase activator (GKA) programme, including AMG 151.
The agreement grants Thousand Oaks-based Amgen the worldwide rights to Array's small-molecule glucokinase activator program, which is working to increase insulin production by enhancing the ability of the pancreas to sense glucose.
Biotin induces the enzyme glucokinase, which plays a role in the catabolism of glucose.
Taylor (317) 276-5795 OSI : Kathy Galante (Investors) (631) 962-2043 Kim Wittig (Media) (212) 824-3204 Lilly and OSI Pharmaceuticals Announce Licensing Agreement Lilly Granted Exclusive Rights to Glucokinase Activator Program For The Treatment Of Type 2 Diabetes INDIANAPOLIS, IN - Eli Lilly and Company (NYSE:LLY) and OSI Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Two product candidates, both glucokinase activators, are scheduled to enter Phase I clinical trials in 2005.
2, c) polynucleotide that is complementary to the polynucleotides of a) or b), and d) polynucleotide containing at least 15 successive bases of the polynucleotide sequence of a), b) or c), and processes for the fermentative production of L-amino acids by enhancement of the glk-gene coding for the enzyme glucokinase.