The island was recently designated a Globally Important Bird Area by the American Bird Conservancy.
What does GIBA stand for?
GIBA stands for Globally Important Bird Area
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 3 other meanings of GIBA in our Acronym Attic
- Gibraltar, Gibraltar - Gibraltar (Airport Code)
- Ginsberg's Intelligent Bridge Player (Bridge-playing software)
- Global Infrastructure Boom
- Global Internet Business
- Good In Bed
- Google It Baby (Internet idiom)
- Granville Island Brewery (Vancouver, BC, Canada)
- Group Interface Board
- Guaranteed Insurability Benefit
- Guy In Back
- Gibraltar Airways, Ltd.
- Gewerblich-Industrielle Berufsschule Bern (German: Commercial-Industrial Vocational School Bern; Switzerland)
- Global ISCCP (International Satellite Cloud Climatology Project) B1 Browse System
- Gothenburg International Bioscience Business School (Göteborg, Sweden)
- Generalized Impedance Boundary Condition
- Golden Isles Business Center (Hallandale Beach, FL)
- Granville Island Business and Community Association (Canada)
- Grand Island Biological Company (tissue culture media enterprise)
- Global Investment Banking Division
- Gosudarstvennaya Inspectsiya Bezopasnosti Dorozhnogo Dvizheniya (Russian: Federal Road Safety Service)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Made up of nine land units and six water corridors, it was designated a Globally Important Bird Area in 2001.