The Globally Executable MHP (GEM)-based architecture of AltiCaptor provides a convenient roadmap to support multiple technologies based on GEM for digital media and high-definition video products beyond the cable set-top box.
What does GEM stand for?
GEM stands for Globally Executable MHP
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GEM
We have 292 other meanings of GEM in our Acronym Attic
- Global Energy Marketplace
- Global Engagement Manager (software in the Missile Defense Agency C2BMC element)
- Global Enterprise Management of Storage
- Global Entrepreneurship Monitor
- Global Environment Monitoring (EU)
- Global Environmental Multiscale Model
- Global Equity Market
- Global Evangelization Movement
- Global Execution Manager
- Global Express Mail (USPS)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Its software products include tru2way[TM], Multimedia Home Platform (MHP) and Globally Executable MHP (GEM)-based IPTV operability for set-top box and CE manufacturers, and in-home content protection, as well as funded software development for the creation of service provider-sponsored home media gateways.
Blu-Dahlia: A Java Users Group for developers of Blu-ray Disc Java (BD-J) software applications and other Globally Executable MHP (GEM) platforms, including: OpenCable Application Platform (OCAP), Advanced Common Application Platform (ACAP), Multimedia Home Platform (MHP) and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV).
OCAP is based on the Globally Executable MHP (GEM) standard developed by the DVB.