These include the Global Warming Policy Foundation, associated with former chancellor Nigel Lawson.
What does GWPF stand for?
GWPF stands for Global Warming Policy Foundation (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- General Workforce Performance Appraisal System
- Gravitational Wave Physics and Astronomy Workshop
- Ground Water Protection Council
- Gulf Western Petroleum Corporation (est. 2005; Texas)
- Georgia Water Pollution Control Association
- German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
- Global Water Partnership Central and Eastern Europe
- German Wirehaired Pointer Club of Illinois
- Great War Primary Documents Archive
- Government White Paper on Education (Uganda)
- Graphics and Workstation Performance Group (Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation)
- General Wholesale Price Index (various locations)
- Great Wall Plastic Industries (est. 1971; Malaysia)
- Greater Washington Publishing, Inc. (Virginia)
- Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute (Canada)
- Gostyninsko-Wloclawski Park Krajobrazowy (Polish national park)
- Ground Water Protection List
- Groundwork Pennine Lancashire (UK)
- Gaussian Wave-Packet Method
- Golden West Property Management Company (Cypress, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The report for the Global Warming Policy Foundation says meeting targets to generate 10% of energy from wind by 2020 would push average bills up by as much as 58%, from pounds 528 to pounds 840.
A new report by University of Edinburgh professor Gordon Hughes for the Global Warming Policy Foundation estimates that 36 GW of new wind power would cost $190 billion for just 23 megatons of carbon-dioxide reduction per year.
And this is the same Met Office which is currently under investigation by Drs Peiser and Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation.
The demand for an inquiry was led by the all-party think tank, Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), which slammed the failures of both the Government and local authorities to prepare the transport system for the third severe winter in a row.
The day will also feature a head-to-head debate between Lord Lawson, chairman of the Global Warming Policy Foundation, and Sir David King, director of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, and former chief scientific adviser to the government.
Benny Peiser, director of the Global Warming Policy Foundation, said: "Prince Charles and other super-rich people are not aware of the discrepancy between what they preach and what they do.
Climate change expert Benny Peiser, of Liverpool John Moores University, director of the Global Warming Policy Foundation, said: "This is a clear case of double standards.