THIS paltry supply of onshore wind, nowhere near enough to hit the 2050 targets, has devastated landscapes, blighted views, divided communities, killed eagles" So said former Cabinet Minister Owen Paterson in his well-publicised Global Warming Policy Foundation lecture last week.
What does GWPF stand for?
GWPF stands for Global Warming Policy Foundation (UK)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- General Workforce Performance Appraisal System
- Gravitational Wave Physics and Astronomy Workshop
- Ground Water Protection Council
- Gulf Western Petroleum Corporation (est. 2005; Texas)
- Georgia Water Pollution Control Association
- German Wirehaired Pointer Club of America
- Global Water Partnership Central and Eastern Europe
- German Wirehaired Pointer Club of Illinois
- Great War Primary Documents Archive
- Government White Paper on Education (Uganda)
- Graphics and Workstation Performance Group (Standard Performance Evaluation Corporation)
- General Wholesale Price Index (various locations)
- Great Wall Plastic Industries (est. 1971; Malaysia)
- Greater Washington Publishing, Inc. (Virginia)
- Guelph-Waterloo Physics Institute (Canada)
- Gostyninsko-Wloclawski Park Krajobrazowy (Polish national park)
- Ground Water Protection List
- Groundwork Pennine Lancashire (UK)
- Gaussian Wave-Packet Method
- Golden West Property Management Company (Cypress, CA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The secretive lobby firm Global Warming Policy Foundation, loved by the sort of people who deny that mankind is causing climate change, has been caught out.
Reports emerging from other organisations like the Global Warming Policy Foundation, believe that figures have been produced from a fatally flawed computer model, biased towards higher temperatures.
A new report by University of Edinburgh professor Gordon Hughes for the Global Warming Policy Foundation estimates that 36 GW of new wind power would cost [pounds sterling]120 billion for just 23 megatons of CO2 reduction per year.
Global Warming Policy Foundation said the IPCC was more careful this time to clarify uncertainties after 'Himalayagate'.
David Whitehouse of the Global warming Policy Foundation said it's good the PNAS study admitted that there has been no meaningful global temperature increase in the last decade.
And this is the same Met Office which is currently under investigation by Drs Peiser and Whitehouse of the Global Warming Policy Foundation.
The demand for an inquiry was led by the all-party think tank, Global Warming Policy Foundation (GWPF), which slammed the failures of both the Government and local authorities to prepare the transport system for the third severe winter in a row.