On March 24 1999, one of the two biggest industry-sponsored privacy watchdogs, TrustE, acknowledged that Microsoft had compromised consumer trust and privacy in its implementation of a Global Unique Identifier (GUID).
What does GUI stand for?
GUI stands for Global Unique Identifier
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GUI
We have 43 other meanings of GUI in our Acronym Attic
- Georgetown University Health Policy Institute
- Grant Union High School (John Day, OR)
- Grown-up Health Store (online pharmacy)
- Gallaudet University Hearing and Speech Center (Washington, DC)
- Glendale Union High School District (Glendale, AZ)
- Grossmont Union High School District (La Mesa, CA)
- Grampian University Hospitals Trust (Scotland, UK)
- Gaming Under the Influence (gaming clan)
- General User Interface (computing)
- general utility index (zooarcheology)
- Golfing Union of Ireland
- Government-University-Industry (partnership)
- Graphical User Interface
- Graphics Unit Interface
- Gulf United Investment
- Gyroscopic Upper Stage
- Grupo Português pelas Iniciativas em Acessibilidade (Portuguese: Portuguese Group for Accessibility Initiatives; est. 2001)
- Guatemalan Unity Information Agency (Los Angeles, CA)
- Georgetown University Irish American Society
- Graphical User Interfaces for Blind Persons
Samples in periodicals archive:
This certification generates a Global Unique Identifier (GUID) that is appended to each page, regardless of the file format.
The company has admitted to collecting global unique identifiers (GUIDs) during its online registration process even from customers who had explicitly opted not to divulge this information.