Ireton's article "Filling the Stealth Gap and Enhancing Global Strike Task Force Operations" (Fall 2006).
What does GSTF stand for?
GSTF stands for Global Strike Task Force (US Air Force)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GSTF
We have 7 other meanings of GSTF in our Acronym Attic
- Ground Support and Test Equipment
- Guidance System Test Equipment
- Georgia Spit Tobacco Education Program (oral health)
- Georgia State Test of English Proficiency (Georgia State University; Atlanta, GA)
- Georgia State University Test of English Proficiency
- Georgia Systemic Teacher Education Program
- Gene Specific Transcription Factor
- German Shania Twain Fanclub (website)
- Gesellschaft Schweizerisch Tibetische Freundschaft (German: Swiss Tibetan Friendship Society; Zurich, Switzerland)
- Global Service Trust Fund
- Graduate Student Travel Fund (research fund)
- Group Space-Time Frequency (coding scheme)
- Granite State Treasure Hunters Club (est. 1974; Auburn, NH)
- Geodata Systems Technologies, Inc. (Philippines)
- Global Systems Telecom, Inc. (Coconut Creek, FL)
- Glutamine Synthetase Translational Inhibitor
- Glutathione S-Transferase I
- Goldman Sachs Technology Index
- Graduate School of Translation and Interpretation (Monterey Institute of International Studies and Ewha Women's University)
- Graduate School of Telecommunication and Information Technology (Addis Abeba, Ethopia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Global Strike Task Force responds rapidly to joint operational areas when enemies attempt to deny access to U.
Our SDB program is focused on the Global Strike Task Force concept," said Randy Bigum, Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control Strike Weapons vice president.
While the Air Force, for example, has made a number of significant innovations since the end of the Cold War--including reorganizing its air assets into expeditionary air forces, developing the global strike task force concept, as well as pursuing network-centric warfare and effects-based operations (pp.
``As such, the committee believes that procurement of additional B-2s may become necessary, and directs the Secretary of the Air Force to report to Congress on the number and type of aircraft necessary for the Global Strike Task Force concept and an acquisition for procuring them.
Furthermore, the Nighthawk's unique capabilities can help enable the Global Strike Task Force (GSTF) concept.
The long-range deployments of Global Hawk to Australia, and in support of Operation ENDURING FREEDOM, demonstrate the Aerospace Expeditionary Force concept and the integration of ISR and operations in the Global Strike Task Force.
To achieve this, the Air Force proposes to create Global Strike Task Forces (GSTS) designed to wreck hostile air defenses and "kick down the door" for the entry of other air assets.