spent nearly $95 billion on Information Technology (IT), which is a critical component of research and development and production (Source: IDC United States Black Book 2Q11, 2011) * More than $63 billion worth of software was stolen last year globally(Source: BSA Global Software Piracy Study, 2011) * A global piracy reduction by 10 percent in four years would result in more than $37 billion in added U.
What does GSPS stand for?
GSPS stands for Global Software Piracy Study (BSA)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GSPS
We have 15 other meanings of GSPS in our Acronym Attic
- Groupe de Sécurité de la Présidence de la République (French: Security Group for the Presidency of the Republic)
- Guide Star Space Problem Reports
- Generalized Shape-Preserving Response Prediction (electrical engineering)
- Global Simulated-Patient Rating Scale (assessment of professionalism)
- Generalized Sequential Probability Ratio Test
- Generating Station Protection System
- Genetic Sample Processing System (automated robotic forensic DNA sample processing system)
- Giga-Samples Per Second
- Gilles Street Primary School (Adelaide, South Australia)
- Glen Shield Public School (Canada)
- Global Sterling Payment Systems Ltd. (Canada and UK)
- Global Strike and Product Support (software)
- Goon Show Preservation Society (BBC 1950s radio show fans)
- Grayscale Softcopy Presentation State (medical digital imaging)
- Goddard Slow-Pitch Softball Association (NASA Goddard Space Flight Center)
- Gemi Sarana Praja Sanvardana Samithiya (Sri Lanka)
- Greyscale Softcopy Presentation State Standard
- Garden State Preservation Trust
- Ghana Society for the Prevention of Tuberculosis (est. 1955)
- G1 to S Phase Transition 1
Samples in periodicals archive:
piracy rates have dipped overall - as noted in the 2011 BSA Global Software Piracy Study - the commercial value of software piracy in the U.
The staggering scale of the phenomenon revealed by the Global Software Piracy Study is an alarming indication that existing intellectual property (IP) laws and traditional piracy prevention solutions are not delivering effective results for the industry.
9 billion, emerging economies accounted for over half the commercial value of pirated software last year, the BSA said in its eighth Global Software Piracy Study.
2007 +3% * Sixth-Annual BSA-IDC Global Software Piracy Study ** Economic Benefits of Reducing PC Software Piracy Study BSA Rewards Program Know It, Report It, Reward It Rewards Paid by BSA Since 2008 $327,000 Avg.
This pledge of Microsoft comes at a point when the software piracy rate alone in the country stands at a staggering 84 percent, according to a Global Software Piracy Study.
Fifth Annual BSA and IDC Global Software Piracy Study, May 2008.
According to the Fifth Annual BSA and IDC Global Software Piracy Study released in May 2008, the UAE has the lowest piracy rate in the Gulf region at 35 per cent.