The Air Force's newest satellite, the Wideband Global SATCOM System, transmits at 2.
What does GSSC stand for?
GSSC stands for Global SATCOM (Satellite Communications) Support Center (US DoD)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GSSC
We have 33 other meanings of GSSC in our Acronym Attic
- Greater St. Stephen Baptist Church (Sacramento, CA)
- Granite State South Board of Realtors (Windham, New Hampshire)
- Gauteng Shared Service Centre (South Africa)
- General Security Services Corporation (Bloomington, MN)
- General Support Services Contractor
- Genesee Star Soccer Club
- German Shepherd Schutzhund Club (dog training group; various locations)
- Girl Scouts of Suffolk County (Long Island, New York)
- Girl Scouts Susitna Council (Anchorage, AK)
- GLAST Science Support Center (NASA)
- Global Shared Service Centre (Malaysia)
- Global South Steering Committee (various organizations)
- Glory Shed Supporters Club (Western Australian soccer fan club)
- Guelph Synchronized Swim Club (Canada)
- Gulf States Shipbuilders Consortium (est. 2006; Mobile, AL)
- Genealogical Society of Santa Cruz County (California)
- German Shepherd Schutzhund Club of Canada
- Greater Silver Spring Chamber of Commerce (Maryland)
- General Support Systems Division
- Georgia Soccer Support Division
Samples in periodicals archive:
Presently, the GLOBETrekker is undergoing Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) certification to allow for operation on the ten satellite WGS constellation for use by U.
s (TSX: CDV) COM DEV USA, LLC subsidiary said that it has been awarded a contract by Boeing Space and Intelligence Systems to supply equipment for use in the Wideband Global SATCOM program.
JIPM passes qualification testing According to Johnny Ng, DCATS' JIPM project leader, testers utilizing JIPM successfully passed network traffic via Defense Satellite Communications System and Wideband Global SATCOM military satellites and a Telstar 14 commercial satellite in the X, Ka, and Ku bands.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Wideband Global SATCOM Satellite Primary function: High-capacity military communications satellite.
Recent US Army tests designed to verify that Network Centric Waveform (NCW) terminals can operate on the Ka-band over the newly launched Wideband Global Satcom (WGS-3) system were conducted at Fort Monmouth, New Jersey.
The SLM-5650A Satellite Modem is compliant with the strict requirements defined in MIL-STD-188-165A, modem types I, II, IV, V and VI for applications on the Defense Satellite Communications System, Wideband Global SATCOM system, and commercial satellites.
Built in El Segundo using solar cells made in Sylmar, the first Wideband Global SATCOM, dubbed WGS, will move "the warfighters from dial-up modem to the Internet," Air Force Col.