Summary: The Emirates Institution for Advanced Science and Technology (EIAST) will be hosting the 8th meeting of the International Committee on Global Navigation Satellite Systems (ICG) in November 2013 in the UAE.
What does GLONASS stand for?
GLONASS stands for Global Navigation Satellite System (aka Global Orbiting Navigation Satellite System; Russia)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GLONASS
We have 1 other meaning of GLONASS in our Acronym Attic
- Global Modeling of Atmospheric Chemistry
- Global Low Orbiting Message Relay Satellite
- Global Marine (Howard Hughes company which fronted CIA operation in Pacific)
- Global Mobile
- Global Mobile Information Systems (Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency)
- Global Mobility (US DoD)
- Global Mobility Network
- Global Mobile Information Systems Simulation Library
- Grab, Latch On, Maintain Pressure (hug)
- Global Low Orbiting Message Relay
- Globalnaya Navigatsionnaya Sputnikovaya Sistema (Russian: Global Navigation Satellite System)
- Global NetWork
- Global Tropospheric Ozone Network
- Glocal Enterprise Network Focusing on Customer-Centric Collaboration (EU research project)
- Global Network Information Center
- General Labeling of People
- Global Participatory Action Research
- Gluon Liquid Omega Phased Plasma (Duke Nukem video game; trademark of 3D Realms)
- Great Lakes Offshore Powerboat Racing Association (Cleveland, OH)
- Generalized Log-Odds Ratio (statistical term from loglinear modeling)
Samples in periodicals archive:
00 Hardcover TK7871 This reference work is intended to acquaint readers with the most significant elements of global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) technology.
and Cobb, who makes global positioning system (GPS) receivers and pseudolites (pseudo satellites--ground stations sending satellite-like signals), explore how GPS and other global navigation satellite systems (GNSS) are increasingly being used to control ground vehicles from automatically steered farm tractors to automated mining equipment as well as unmanned military ground vehicles.
The system is expected to rival the US-developed GPS, the European Union's Galileo Positioning System and Russia's Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS).
Byline: ANI New Delhi, April 13 (ANI): China is all set to launch the second satellite, the Chinese version of Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS), into the orbit on Wednesday.
To see live demonstrations of Spirent's positioning and navigation test systems stop by Spirent booths at the following upcoming events: * 3rd Asia Oceania Regional Workshop on GNSS, Jeju Island, Korea, November 1-2, * IGNSS 2011: International Global Navigation Satellite Systems Society Symposium Sydney, Australia, November 15-17 To learn more about GSS8000 visit http://www.
Summary: DUBAI - Emirates Institution for Advanced Science and Technology (EIAST), in co-operation with the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA), will host a workshop on the applications of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS) from January 16 to 20, 2011, at the campus of the Higher Colleges of Technology in Dubai Academic City.
The Beidou Navigation System is seen as a rival not just of the GPS, but also the European Union's Galileo Positioning System and Russia's Global Navigation Satellite System (GLONASS).