Other key recommendations: * UDI system participants must ensure they each properly capture and store individual UDIs throughout their associated devices' distribution and use time frames in order to meet trace-ability goals; * UDI marking on devices should constitute an additional labeling requirement--they would not replace any other labeling information; * Creation and maintenance of UDIs should be the responsibility of medical device manufacturers; * Automatic Identification and Data Capture methods required by national regulators should be based on ISO standards approved by the UDI Standards Development Organization; * Manufacturers should be responsible for submitting and updating UDI information in the UDID; and * UDI data should include Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN).
What does GMDN stand for?
GMDN stands for Global Medical Device Nomenclature
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of GMDN in our Acronym Attic
- Geophysical Models for Data Interpretation
- Giovani Musulmani d'Italia (Italian: Young Muslims in Italy)
- Global Marine Development, Inc. (deep ocean oil drilling)
- Georgia Mobile DJ Association
- General Manager Dayton Moore (of the Kansas City Royals Major League Baseball team)
- Geologic Map Data Model (various locations)
- Global Master Data Management
- Grand Master of Dollmaking (Doll Artisan Guild)
- Green Mountain Dark Magic (coffee)
- Greater Metropolitan Denver Ministerial Alliance
- Global Medical Device Nomenclature System (international standard)
- Garth Marenghi's Darkplace (British comedy; UK)
- Genetically Modified Domestic Product
- Glucosaminylmuramyl Dipeptide
- Grands Moulins De Paris
- Greg Mushial Digital Resources (educational software; Redding, CA)
- Guided Missile Dummy Round
- General Motors Defense Research Laboratory
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Medizinische Informatik, Biometrie und Epidemiologie (German)
- German Military Documents Section (post WW II)
Samples in periodicals archive:
In order to enhance information exchange on medical device safety, procurement, and management, to develop, maintain, and promulgate in various languages a Universal Medical Device Nomenclature System(TM) (UMDNS(TM)) and, in the context of global harmonization efforts, to work on its compatibility with other medical device nomenclatures, particularly the Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) 4.
It also discusses the Global Medical Device Nomenclature (GMDN) and its current transformation.