This global monitoring project is organized by Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE), a science education program sponsored by NASA and the NSE This year's hunt ran from March 8 to 21, 2007, but you can still get data results from last year and get ready for next spring's event.
What does GLOBE stand for?
GLOBE stands for Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GLOBE
We have 35 other meanings of GLOBE in our Acronym Attic
- Ganglionic Local Opioid Application
- Greatest Love of All
- Generation Line of Business (British Columbia Hydro; Canada)
- Ground Loving Old Bastard
- Gay Lesbian Or Bisexual At Laurier (Ontario, Canada; Wilfrid Laurier University; sexual orientation support group)
- Gay Lesbian Or Bisexual Employees
- Giving Learning Our Best Effort (Silver Spring, MD International Middle School)
- Global Backscatter Experiment
- Global Land One-kilometer Base Elevation
- Global Leadership and Organizational Behaviour Effectiveness (study)
- Global Legislators Organisation for a Balanced Environment (London, UK)
- Global Ocean Ecosystem Dynamics
- Global Communications System
- Global Telecommunications Conference (IEEE, New York)
- Global Ocean Ecosystems Dynamics
- Global Biosphere Emissions and Interactions System
- Gay, Lesbian or Bisexual Employees and Supporters (University of Georgia)
- Global Linkages of Biology the Environment and Society (PhD program at Notre Dame)
- Global change and Biodiversity In Soils
- Global Information Exchange Systems
Samples in periodicals archive:
Once the schools are connected, students will be able to use the equipment to participate in the Global Learning and Observations to Benefit the Environment (GLOBE) program, where students around the world learn science by collecting environmental data and submitting it to a global database over the Internet.