Al-Hosni said in a statement in the inaugural ceremony stating that the meeting aims at casting light on the laboratory diagnosis capabilities for flu infection, the effective ways for exchange of samples, result publishing and data amongst the member states and the Regional Office of the WHO Eastern Mediterranean Region, as well as, the WHO Global Influenza Surveillance Network (FluNet), emphasizing the important role of labs to get an effective pandemic surveillance system.
What does GISN stand for?
GISN stands for Global Influenza Surveillance Network
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GISN
We have 4 other meanings of GISN in our Acronym Attic
- Guerilla Incendiary Sabotage Mutineer
- Guy In Suicide Mission (band)
- German International School of Management and Administration (Hanover, Germany; est. 1999)
- GIG Global Infrastructure Service Management Center
- Global Imaging Sourcing Multimedia Company
- Gender Issues in Science/Math Education (abstract; Hake and Dehaan)
- GoldMine Integration Services for Microsoft Exchange
- Geographic Information Systems and Mapping Operations
- GoldMine Integration Services for Microsoft Outlook (software)
- Georgia Interpreting Services Network (Atlanta, GA)
- Global Information Server Node (Mountain Forum)
- Global Intelligent Services Network
- Global IP-Telephony Subscriber Number
- Geographic Information Systems Network (Bulletin Board)
- General Industry Safety Orders (Canada)
- Georgia Iranian Student Organization (US)
- GIAC Information Security Officer
- Graduate Indian Student Organization (University of Houston; Texas)
- Guild for Infant Survival, Orange County
- Gateway International School of English (Malta)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Global Influenza Surveillance Network (GISN) will continue monitoring the global circulation of influenza viruses, including pandemic, seasonal and other influenza viruses.
Current Situation Global Influenza Surveillance For 60 years, the WHO Global Influenza Surveillance Network (GISN) has provided virologic information used in the biannual process of selecting strains for the Northern and Southern Hemisphere influenza vaccine formulations.
WHO regards it as particularly important that viruses from these cases be made available for further analysis by laboratories in the WHO Global Influenza Surveillance Network.
During that same week, laboratories of the WHO Global Influenza Surveillance Network began analyzing specimens from a patient with severe atypical pneumonia hospitalized in Hanoi after travel to Hong Kong.