The Global Health Workforce Alliance (3) recognises the importance of increasing education and training to meet country-specific health care needs, acknowledging the health workforce as the cornerstone and driver of the health system.
What does GHWA stand for?
GHWA stands for Global Health Workforce Alliance
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GHWA
- Gelukspan Health Ward (South Africa)
- Gender Height Weight (Internet slang)
- General Health Worker
- Generators of Hazardous Waste
- Global Health Watch (Cape Town, South Africa)
- Gold Hardware
- Gray Hat World (Internet marketing forum)
- Great Harbour Way (New Zealand)
- Griffin-Hill-Wheeler Equation (physics)
- Greenville Hardcore Wrestling Alliance
- George Herbert Walker Bush (41st US president)
- Global Hand Washing Day (October 15)
- Groep Homeopatisch Werkende Dierenartsen (Dutch: Homeopathic Veterinarians Working Group)
- Geologic Hazards Working Group (Utah Geological Survey)
- Global Health Working Group (Duke University)
- Green Hill Women Group (Kenya)
- Georgia Hazardous Waste Management Act (Georgia Department of Natural Resources)
- Graphical Hazardous Weather Outlook (US NOAA)
- George Humphrey Wolferstan Rylands
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mubashar Riaz Shaikh, Executive Director of Global Health Workforce Alliance at WHO HQs, Geneva who called on him at PM's House.
Talking to Mubashar Riaz Shaikh, Executive Director of Global Health Workforce Alliance at WHO HQs, Geneva who called on him at PMs House this morning, the Prime Minister said although the education and health subjects have been transferred to the provinces but the Federal Government will remain engaged with the provinces to improve facilities in these areas in the country.
Mubashar Sheikh, executive director of the Global Health Workforce Alliance, an umbrella group hosted by the World Health Organisation (WHO), said around four million healthcare workers were urgently needed.
Wang is a member of the Global Health Workforce Alliance, the Science Committee for IHEA, and the Chinese MOH Advisory Committee of Health Policy.
The biggest single problem is that we don't educate and train enough,' said Nigel Crisp, who co-chairs a Global Health Workforce Alliance task force aimed at increasing education and training for health workers.
Health workers save lives," said Sigrun Mogedal, MD, board member of the Global Health Workforce Alliance, which organized the forum.
This month the Global Health Workforce Alliance (GHWA), a partnership dedicated to identifying and implementing solutions to the health-workforce crisis, is convening in the Ugandan capital, Kampala, the first ever global forum on human resources for health.