The GC / GMEF of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) constitutes the ministerial-level global environmental forum where participants gather to review important and emerging policy issues in the field of environment.
What does GEF stand for?
GEF stands for Global Environmental Forum (est. 1990; Japan)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GEF
We have 96 other meanings of GEF in our Acronym Attic
- General Electric Foundation
- General Endowment Fund (various organizations)
- General Exhaust Fan (various companies)
- Generalized Earliest-First
- Generic Extensibility Framework
- German Elite Force (gaming)
- Global Economic Forum
- Global Ejection Fraction
- Global Environment Facility
- Global Environment Fund
- Graduate Education Foundation
- Grazing Enhancement Fund (Canada)
- Green Earth Foundation (New York, NY)
- Ground Equipment Failure
- Guanine-Nucleotide Exchange Factor (biology)
- Guidance for Employment of the Force (US DoD national military strategy)
- Global Environment Facility Small Grants Programme (environmental e-forum)
- Global Environmental Facility and Small Grant Programme
- General Electric Capital Financial Assurance Holdings, Inc.
- Genetically Engineered Food Alert (food safety organization)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Tokyo, Feb 29, 2012 - (JCN Newswire) - Fujitsu today announced that its 2011 Fujitsu Group Sustainability Report has been awarded the Prize for Excellence in Environmental Reporting as part of the 15th Environmental Communication Awards, sponsored by Japan's Ministry of the Environment and the Global Environmental Forum.
The Governing Council/Global Ministerial Environment Forum (GC/GMEF) of the UN Environment Programme (UNEP) constitutes the ministerial-level global environmental forum in which participants gather to review important and emerging policy issues in the field of the environment.