Technical metadata is proving particularly challenging to create and manage, and even the PREMIS group defers this detail to proposed projects such as the Global Digital Format Registry (GDFR), modelled in the following article by Stephen Abrams.
What does GDFR stand for?
GDFR stands for Global Digital Format Registry
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GDFR
We have 2 other meanings of GDFR in our Acronym Attic
- Graduate Diploma in Financial Engineering
- General Directorate of Foreign Economic Relations (Republic of Turkey)
- General Directorate of Foreign Investment (Turkey)
- Gross Domestic Fixed Investment
- Guiuan Development Foundation, Inc.
- Guangdong Food Industry Institute (China)
- Gamers and Designers for Kids' Sake (Austin, Texas)
- Guilde des Fines Lames (French gaming clan)
- Generalized Dynamic Fuzzy Neural Networks
- Grimsby District Fuchsia Pelargonium Group (UK gardening club)
- Goin' Down for Real
- Going Down for Real (Flo Rida song)
- Going Down For Reboot
- General Development Financial Services (various locations)
- Global Distributed File System (Acirro)
- Graphical Data Fusion System
- Guided Depth-First Search
- Generalized Discrete Fourier Transform
- Good Foot (Canadian clothing store)
- Greater Detroit Foreign Trade Zone (Michigan)
Samples in periodicals archive:
These include the Storage Resource Broker (SRB) (6) work at the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC) (in collaboration with the University of California, San Diego Libraries), and the Global Digital Format Registry (GDFR) (7) initiative of the Digital Library Federation.
The Digital Library Federation (DLF) has sponsored preliminary investigations toward establishing a Global Digital Format Registry (GDFR) that will function as a sustainable utility for maintaining the bindings between public identifiers for digital formats and the significant syntactic and semantic properties of those formats.