[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] To preserve highly productive and nutritious varieties for posterity, the Global Crop Diversity Trust is providing an ongoing grant to the International Potato Centre (CIP).
What does GCDT stand for?
GCDT stands for Global Crop Diversity Trust (Rome, Italy)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GCDT
We have 4 other meanings of GCDT in our Acronym Attic
- Global Cassava Development Strategy (agriculture)
- Global Content Delivery Service
- Gold Coast Design Studio (Australia)
- Good Citizen Dog Scheme (UK)
- Gran Canaria Desktop Summit
- Greater Cleveland Dental Society (Ohio)
- Greenwich Country Day School (Greenwich, CT)
- Groupement Corrézien de Défense Sanitaire (French livestock health organization)
- Greene County Department of Social Services (Albany, NY)
- Gulf Coast Down Syndrome Society (Gautier, MS)
- Groupe Consultatif pour le Développement des Télécommunications (French: Telecommunication Development Advisory Group; Switzerland)
- Golf Clubs Down Under (Australia)
- Genèse du Comité de Développement du Village (French: Genesis of the Village Development Committee; Cameroon)
- Grace Development, Inc.
- Guidelines for Canadian Drinking Water Quality
- Genesee County Division of Water and Waste Services (Michigan)
- Galactic Center Diffuse X-Rays (spectoscopy)
- Grimsby, Cleethorpes and District Youth Orchestra (UK)
- General Certificate Examination
- General Certificate of Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cary Fowler, executive director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust, said: "Climate change means we need to go back to the wild to find those relatives of our crops that can thrive in the climates of the future.
Seven distinguished presenters will keynote the event: * Bina Agarwal, Professor of Economics and Director of the Institute of Economic Growth at the University of Delhi, India * Linda Bartoshuk, Presidential Endowed Professor of Community Dentistry and Behavioral Science at the University of Florida, Gainesville * Cary Fowler, Executive Director of Global Crop Diversity Trust in Rome, Italy * Jeffrey Friedman, Marilyn M.
au Australia backs the Global Crop Diversity Trust International efforts to conserve the global plant gene pool, particularly of plants from which food crops originate, is moving up a gear through the recent creation of the Global Crop Diversity Trust.
It will not be permanently manned, but "the mountains are patrolled by polar bears," says Dr Cary Fowler, director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust, the organisation behind the project.
Dr Cary Fowler, director of the Global Crop Diversity Trust, the independent international organisation promoting the project, said: "If the worst came to the worst, this would allow the world to reconstruct agriculture.
The Global Crop Diversity Trust is inventorying gene banks to identify those in need of rescue.
Global Crop Diversity Trust (Rome, Italy) For establishing the Global Seed Vault to conserve genetic diversity of the world's food plants despite climate change Dr.