The GCWA Kicks Off Its Second Annual Four-City Tour WASHINGTON, June 5 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by the Global Coalition on Women and AIDS, a UNAIDS initiative: WHAT: The Global Coalition on Women and AIDS (GCWA) -- a broad-based alliance of community organizations, networks of women living with HIV, and United Nations agencies, supported by activists, political leaders, and celebrities that seeks to find, advocate, and support real solutions for women and girls in the global fight against AIDS -- will embark on a seven-day tour of Detroit, Houston, Minneapolis and finally, the District of Columbia.
What does GCWA stand for?
GCWA stands for Global Coalition on Women and AIDS (Geneva, Switzerland)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of GCWA
We have 5 other meanings of GCWA in our Acronym Attic
- Goodbye Cruel World (internet slang)
- Grand Canyon West
- Graphic Communication World
- Great Canadian Wrestling
- Greeting Card Writers (yahoo group)
- Greg & Chrissy Whale (computer repair business; Florida)
- Gross Combination Weight (UK definition)
- Gross Combined Weight (vehicles)
- Groundwater Circulation Well
- Guided Course Work
- Golden-Cheeked Warbler (bird species)
- Gulf Coast Water Authority (Texas)
- Gulf Coast Wrestling Alliance (Texas)
- Grand Canyon Wildlands Council, Inc. (Flagstaff, AZ)
- Great Canadian Wiring Company Ltd (Barrie, ON, Canada)
- Greater Chicago Whippet Club
- Gulf Coast Window Covering (Houston, TX)
- General Council of Winnipeg Community Centres (est. 1971; Canada)
- Government of Canada Workplace Charitable Campaign
- Gulf Coast Website Design (Mobile, AL)
Samples in periodicals archive:
References 1 The Global Coalition on Women and AIDS.
UNAIDS launches The Global Coalition on Women and AIDS to raise the visibility of the epidemic's impact on women and girls around the world.
NEW YORK, March 1 /PRNewswire/ -- In response to the growing women and AIDS crisis, the UNAIDS-led Global Coalition on Women and AIDS announced today a five-city tour to educate Americans on the impact of AIDS on women and girls and the solutions that can save lives.