Our results may help to explain some of the difficulties that current global climate models have in simulating the Arctic surface energy budget," he added.
What does GCM stand for?
GCM stands for Global Climate Model
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GCM
We have 179 other meanings of GCM in our Acronym Attic
- Geriatric Care Managers
- Ghana Chamber of Mines (Accra, Ghana)
- GIG (Global Information Grid) Content Management (US DoD Architectural Vision)
- Gilbert-Cell Mixer (electronics)
- Global Campaign for Microbicides (disease prevention)
- Global Capability Matrix
- Global Change Management, Inc. (Winter Park, FL)
- Global Christian Movement
- Global Circulation Model
- Global Citizens Movement
- Global Community Monitor (est. 2001; El Cerrito, CA)
- Global Customer Relationship Management
- Golay Coding Modulation
- Golf Course Maintenance
- Good Central Maintained Vision (ophthalmology; used with infants in testing)
- Good Conduct Medal
- Google Cloud Messaging (mobile technology)
- Government Contract Manager
- Government Created Money
- Graduate College of Management (Southern Cross University)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Reduce the force of hurricanes Modeling effects using one of the world's most highly regarded global climate models, the climate ocean atmosphere coupling model (HadGEM1), researchers found that misting a modest area of clouds over selected ocean surface areas could reduce the average sea-surface temperature by two or three degrees centigrade, and decrease the intensity of hurricanes that form in the region by one or two categories, indicating that if this can be done, hurricane force, and related damage, could be greatly reduced.
To find out, researchers need to incorporate this new-found warming into global climate models.
We then compared these future withdrawals to a measure of renewable water supply in 2050, based on a set of 16 global climate model projections of temperature and precipitation, to identify regions that may be stressed by water availability.
We then compared these future withdrawals to a measure of renewable water supply in 2050, based on a set of 16 global climate model projections of temperature and precipitation, to identify regions that may be stressed by water availability," said Roy.
The supply was estimated based on current and future precipitation predictions using 16 global climate models.
Forest Service's Pacific Northwest Research Station, we began by downscaling three global climate models used by the IPCC to the Rogue basin.
Global Climate Models The simulation of seasonal rainfall as well as its spatial and temporal variability over the Indian subcontinent has remained rather poor in most Global Climate Models (GCMs).