Composed of guitarist and vocalist Ian Massry, drummer Rami Charara and bassist Karl Soued, The Passive Standouts will represent Lebanon at the Global Battle of the Bands, scheduled for September 2012.
What does GBOB stand for?
GBOB stands for Global Battle of the Bands
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Greiner Bio One (various locations)
- Ground Based Observatory
- Groupement Belge des Omnipraticiens (Belgian general practitioners)
- Guaranteed Business Outcomes
- Gaye Bykers on Acid (rock band; UK)
- Gorey Boat-Owners Association (UK)
- Grassroots Basketball of America
- Great Battles of Alexander (game)
- Green Bay Officials Association (est. 1956; Green Bay, WI)
- Greatest Band of All Time
- Gear Box Oil Change (Minnesota)
- Georgian Bay Optometry Clinic (Canada)
- Georgian-British Oil Company
- Global Business Opportunities Centre
- Great Battles of Caesar (game)
- General Board of Discipleship (United Methodist Church)
- Greek Board of Directors (fraternities)
- Green Blocks of Death (gaming)
- Green Brackets of Death (Subaru, WRX, Impreza)
- GeoBio Energy, Inc.
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Dublin trio are ready to make the big breakthrough having won Best Live Act at the Global Battle of the Bands back in 2005.
ORLANDO, Florida, April 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Bands Compete for Your Vote as Part of the Hard Rock Rising Global Battle of the Bands 12,000+ bands entered worldwide.
Celebrity judges such as keyboard virtuoso Rick Wakeman, Jean-Jacques Burnel of the Stranglers and top producer Louie Nicastro will be hoping to find the next Abba or Beatles in the Global Battle of the Bands national heat on October 28.
ORLANDO, Florida, January 6, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Announcing Call for Entries in Global Battle of the Bands Competition Hard Rock is on the hunt for rock stars on the rise to take the stage at the 2012 Hard Rock Calling music festival in London's Hyde Park.
Online Fan Voting for Hard Rock's Global Battle of the Bands Competition Opens April 12th ORLANDO, Fla.
The Global Battle of the Bands (GBOB) event, which I encouraged to be brought to Birmingham from London, is a prime example of what we can do when we work together and give something different an opportunity.
Neil Rami, of Marketing Birmingham, said: "I can think of no better event than Global Battle of the Bands to launch a new era for this building.