SRI's speech and translation work includes research under DARPA's Global Autonomous Language Exploitation (GALE) program to develop computer software that translates and analyzes huge volumes of speech and text in multiple languages, and under the Spoken Language Communication and Translation System for Tactical Use (TRANSTAC) program to enable two-way communication between U.
What does GALE stand for?
GALE stands for Global Autonomous Language Exploitation (DARPA)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of GALE
We have 13 other meanings of GALE in our Acronym Attic
- Group Asset and Liability Committee (wealth management)
- Galactic Command (Battlecruiser 3000 AD game)
- Galactic Commerce (gaming, corporation in EVE ONLINE)
- General Aviation Legal Defense Fund
- Gay and Lesbian Dating Service (New York)
- Gales of Evil Laughter
- Gaseous and Liquid Effluent
- Gay and Lesbian Educators
- Generic Area Limitation Environment (US DoD)
- Genesis of Atlantic Lows Experiment
- Georgia Association of Law Enforcement Firearms Instructors
- Gay and Lesbian Elder Housing
- Generalised Architecture for Languages, Encyclopaedias, and Nomenclatures in Medicine
- Georgia Association of Latino Elected Officials
- Genetic Algorithms in Engineering Systems Innovations and Applications
- Galaxy Evolution Explorer (NASA)
- Give a Life Foundation (organ and tissue donation)
- Glycyrrhetinic Acid-Like Factor
- Groupement des Anthropologues de Langue Française (Group of French Language Anthropologists)
- Grupo de Lesbianas Feministas (Spanish: Lesbian Feminist Group)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Raytheon Company's (NYSE: RTN) BBN Technologies has been awarded an additional $17 million in funding by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in the final year of the five-year Global Autonomous Language Exploitation (GALE) program.
For example, researchers at BBN have taken in over US$30 million from the US Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency over the past few years to fill out the agencyAAEs Global Autonomous Language Exploitation (GALE) programme.