Coalition members include (as of 6/15): United States National Mental Health Association, National Stigma Clearinghouse, Freedom From Fear * Australia SANE Australia * Canada Canadian Mental Health Association, Canadian Psychiatric Association, Mood Disorders Association of Canada, Schizophrenia Society of Canada * Worldwide Global Alliance of Mental Illness Advocacy Networks The full coalition statement is available at http://www.
What does GAMIAN stand for?
GAMIAN stands for Global Alliance of Mental Illness Advocacy Networks
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Georgian Association for Mental Health (Georgia)
- Glasgow Association for Mental Health (UK)
- Gloucestershire Association for Mental Health (Gloucester, England, UK)
- God Ate My Homework
- Great American Music Hall (concert venue, San Francisco, CA, USA)
- General American Mutual Holding Company (insurance)
- General Aviation Modifications, Inc. (Ada, OK)
- Georgia Alliance for the Mentally Ill (now National Alliance on Mentally Illness Georgia)
- Get A Man In
- Guilty And Mentally Ill
- Groupe Aquatique Milles-Iles Nord (French: Aquatic Group North Thousand Islands; swim group)
- Governmentwide Acquisition Management Intern Program
- Graphic Arts Marketing Information Service
- Gerakan Angkatan Muda Kristen Indonesia (Indonesian: Christian Youth Movement Forces of Indonesia)
- Generalized Analytical Markup Language
- Generics Asset Management, Ltd. (UK)
- Genetic Algorithm for Maximum Likelihood
- Global Anti-Money Laundering (various companies)
- Generalized Additive Models for Location, Scale and Shape (UK)
- Generalized Additive Mixed Model
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Global Alliance of Mental Illness Advocacy Networks - Europe (GAMIAN - Europe), a pan-European patient-driven federation of national organizations assisting people affected by mental illness, also welcomed the announcement.
A recent survey conducted by the Global Alliance of Mental Illness Advocacy Networks (GAMIAN) found that 92 percent of mental health advocates agree that the physical health needs of people with mental illness are often forgotten.