The successful market launch of high-purity PURAVIS glass optical fibers has been underway for a year now.
What does GOF stand for?
GOF stands for Glass Optical Fiber
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of GOF
We have 40 other meanings of GOF in our Acronym Attic
- Government of East Timor
- Grand Order of European Tour Operators
- Group of Experts on Warning and Detection Systems (NATO)
- Global Ocean Euphotic Zone
- Global Ocean Euphotic Zone Study
- Gang of Four (Erich Gamma, Richard Helm, Ralph Johnson, John Vlissides; authors of the book Design Patterns)
- Gang of Four (short-time Communist China's leader after the death of Mao)
- Gentlemen of Fortune (barbershop chorus, Vancouver)
- Germany or Florida (game)
- Get Off Facebook
- Global Opportunities Fund (UK)
- Goodness Of Fit
- Governor's Opportunity Fund
- Grapple of Fixture (robotics)
- Grease, Oil & Filter (automobile mechanic's shorthand)
- grease, oil and filter (automotive maintenance)
- Great Outdoor Fight (Chris Onstad book)
- Group of Frames
- Group of Friends
- Groups Of Forces (Non-Soviet Warsaw Pact)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Only networks of glass optical fiber are considered in this study.
To connect conventional glass optical fiber, with a diameter of only 5-10 microns, special equipment is needed to melt both ends.
The international technology company SCHOTT has now confirmed the successful launch of its PURAVIS high-purity glass optical fibers that has been underway since the start of the year.
1 and 15kv 15 Above 15kv 16 Underground Power Cable - 0-2kv 16 Underground Power Cable - 2kv and Over 16 Telecommunications, Data Wire and Cable 16 Drop Wire 16 Bridle Wire 17 Telephone Cord Sets 17 Optical Fiber 17 Fiber Optic Technology 17 Fiber Optic Cable 17 Demand 18 Types of Optical Fiber 18 All Glass Optical Fiber (Single Mode) 18 All Glass Optical Fiber (Multi Mode) 18 Other Optical Fiber Types 18 Plastic Clad Glass Fiber 18 All Plastic Optical Fiber 19 Noncoherent Bundle 19 Coherent Bundle 19 Faceplate 19 Other Insulated Wire and Cable 19 Control and Signal Wire and Cable 19 Apparatus Wire and Cable 19 5.
The product multiplexes and de-multiplexes the DVI/HDMI video, digital/analog audio, DDC2B command interface, HDCP and RS-232 serial protocol - allowing the use of two duplex-LC connector-terminated glass optical fiber pairs.
Maurer and Keck, after four years of experimenting at Corning, invented the world's first practical glass optical fiber based on doped fused silica (US patent 3,659,915) and a vapor deposition process to produce it (US patent 3,711,262), and capable of accurately carrying significantly more information than copper wire to a destination many miles away.
the leading developer and manufacturer of optical extension cables and modules for system integrated Information Technology applications, is now shipping a Converter and Repeater/Splitter Box system linked by two strands of Multi-Mode glass optical fiber that provides DVI signals to daisy chained display peripherals (projectors, LCD & plasma panels) up to 500m (1,640 ft).